Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | AMAC SIMPLE CONTROLLER Help

Reviews Summary for AMAC SIMPLE CONTROLLER
AMAC SIMPLE CONTROLLER Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $$90
Description: Digital turns counter for screwdriver antennas.
More info: http://www.amac-controllers.com/

You can write your own review of the AMAC SIMPLE CONTROLLER.

K2MIT Rating: 0/5 Nov 21, 2004 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Difficult to use--Gave up. No tech support  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This device was difficult to set up and Bill helped me. It ran fine for a few months and then it would alwys lose counts and have to be reset--almost once per day.

Letters, e-mails to Bill have all gone unaswered. I hope he is ok. It was great when it worked; Finally removed it and replaced it with a Tarheel simple counter. Not as elegant (no radio interface) but it works.

N5GLR Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2004 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Still Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned and operated this turns counter on a daily basis since I installed it last Nov. and my opinion has not changed (see previous review). It still works great and I'm pleased with it. One thing I've noticed ... if turns count changes from what you've recorded, something in the antenna has changed. In my case, the whip on top of my screw driver was loose (hit too many tree limbs). After tightening the whip the turns count returned to those previously recorded (after re-set).

Garry
N5GLR

N5GLR Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2003 23:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mount your screwdriver antenna anywhere you want. With this simple to operate turns-counter you no longer need to see your antenna to tune it. I installed my new Simple Controller when I installed my new KJ7U screwdriver and am very pleased with it. This device uses preinstalled magnets mounted in your antenna to count the turns as it moves up and down. It displays the turns count on an easy to read red display. It requires no RF to tune your antenna. I used an antenna analyzer to find resonance for my favorite frequencies and I wrote down the count displayed for each one. When I want to return to one of my favorite frequencies, I move the antenna until the diplay shows the correct count. A "nudge" feature allows for quick fine tuning with the application of a little power while watching your SWR meter. I operate HF mobile every morning and afternoon on the way to and from work and I find it extremely easy to change bands/frequencies using this controller. Switching from 75 meter in the early morning to 40 meter in the late afternoon is very easy: e.g radio = change to new freq.; ant. = move up or down to predetermined count and fine tune as necessary using about 10 watts while watching the SWR meter (usually a "nudge" or two). I'm very satisfied with this controller and would buy another one.

Garry