Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Cable Experts CXP 213 Help

Reviews Summary for Cable Experts CXP 213
Reviews: 21 Average rating: 2.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: RG-213 Coax
More info: http://www.cablexperts.com

You can write your own review of the Cable Experts CXP 213.

WA9PIJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2013 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed to buy about $1,500 of various coax and low loss stuff. I found out these folks were in my back yard so I went over for a visit. Anyway, I am very happy with the quality. I looked at all the spools in their shop and it is all High quality stuff. They supply most of the cable to the large ham stores that we all know and love. Some of it is private label. They have about 3 people doing the soldering and they do great work. Sam runs a nice little family business having bought it from another person a few years back. I am a businessman and I know when I walk into a good operation. Sam has a nice operation, cares about his customers and has created a nice little business.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2013 06:50 Send this review to a friend
No Problems AT ALL  Time owned: more than 12 months
As I am writing this review, I have a three foot jumper with "N" connectors in front of me. Closely examining this cable I found none of the defects which are shrilly being trumpeted by others. I have a total of nine, Cable Experts "213" cables, of various lengths and connector styles, on the shelf. I also have two that have been in service, for 10+ years, with absolutely no problems. I have made the mistake of buying cable assemblies from MFJ - perhaps those are what some have mistaken for Cable Experts products - that are absolute JUNK! Cable Experts = Good cable - Reasonable prices - Prompt delivery. What is not to like?

K9MHZ Rating: 0/5 Apr 1, 2013 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Total junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
Avoid these people and their products. One hotshot was at Dayton doing the high pressure, condescending down-talking to anyone who would look his way....turned out he knew less than nothing after asking a few basic questions of him. Coax assembles were marginally constructed. Online ordering is a disaster. They will screw up your order without fail. Received a call to clarify, but still ended up with my order TWICE on my doorstep, and of course they hit my credit card twice as well. Total nitwits.

KA4ETV Rating: 0/5 Mar 9, 2012 16:40 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just had one of these go out yesterday. I had the same problems with other products by this company. Wrote and called them but never got any response. This stuff is all complete junk and needs to be avoided at all costs. There is no such thing as customer service here.

NY2KW Rating: 0/5 Mar 4, 2012 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Really Poor Quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
These are really poor quality particularly the crimped shield. If you need to screw and unscrew more than a few times such as for jumpers ... after a while aI found several jumpers where the entire PL259 spins freely to the crimped shield and has poor contact. I crimp my own now and they are much much more durable than these. Biggest problem is the time you waste tracking down the culprit to feedline problems

KC9UTL Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2011 14:07 Send this review to a friend
Very helpful and knowledgable cables and line loss issues..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sam was willing to take time with my questions. With his ood product knowledge he was able to suggest choices that got me the best cable for my money.

W4PGM Rating: 3/5 May 11, 2011 10:29 Send this review to a friend
Average quality, high shipping cost  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The cable is average. Everything is soldered.

The real rub is the shipping cost. They charged over $16.00 for a 1 pound package on a $24.00 order. Our cost would have been about $8.00 if we shipped to their address so I suspect shipping is a profit center for the company.

I left a message and Sam did call back and said that is their actual cost. The cost is actually retail UPS.

Would I buy again; NO. So I learned my lesson, 'Do not be lazy or if you are you will pay the price!' I did learn my lesson. Back to making my own cables.

K5VY Rating: 0/5 Oct 3, 2007 10:26 Send this review to a friend
IT'S A RIP-OFF!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
First, they took my money and then "lost" my order.. Finally, after several phone calls, they shipped my cable. I ordered a 500 ft. spool, the spool came with 391 ft. I called to complain, and they wouldn't return my call. Low quaility material, the shielding was irregularly spaced. The outside covering was VERY thin in places. They'll never see my business again!

KO6UJ Rating: 0/5 Jun 26, 2007 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Absolute Junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
Do not be mislead by the fancy red endcaps, labels, and heat shrink tubing. Cable Experts 213 is not a quality product. They are substandard.

During Field Day we used a brand new 25 ft Cable Experts 213 feedline section together with an IC-7000 and LDG tuner and had intermittent bad SWR readings. We isolated the issue to a questionable Cable Experts PL259 connection.

Rather than resolder and run the risk of finding additional issues with the coax, I chucked the entire POS junk feedline. It's an expensive waste of my time to check their work.

Now, I am checking the 3 ft interconnects that I have at home, and find that one of the connectors are questionable. More junk again.

Don't waste your money. You are better off purchasing Radio Shack feedline and assemblies. At least you know what you are getting.

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2005 20:24 Send this review to a friend
no problem for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
i use it on 6 meter when i go to camping,i never run any problem once so ever ! best money can buy.

Jackie