Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Cable Experts CXP 213 Help

Reviews Summary for Cable Experts CXP 213
Reviews: 21 Average rating: 2.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: RG-213 Coax
More info: http://www.cablexperts.com

You can write your own review of the Cable Experts CXP 213.

KP4AK Rating: 0/5 Nov 28, 2005 15:30 Send this review to a friend
quality very bad  Time owned: more than 12 months
purchased expertly made 100ft cable with pl 259 install. shield not solder that all almost burn up my amp i pay top money to kill my amp . dont buy cable with pl-259 you solder them youself .....

VE4MM Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2005 14:23 Send this review to a friend
100%  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ordered 2 cables c/w PL259's on each end.

Well made!

W4WHG Rating: 0/5 Jan 21, 2005 12:28 Send this review to a friend
No more for me thanks!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had to resolder the shield on both ends of a 50 foot cable that ran from the tuner to the antenna and one end of a jumper that ran from the amp to the tuner. It's a wonder that I didn't mess up some equipment.

NL7W Rating: 4/5 Jan 18, 2005 16:27 Send this review to a friend
213 Type Cable Quality is Fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased unterminated 213 from Cable Experts about 4 years ago, using it to feed a vertical in my Washington State backyard. Initially, I was impressed with the overall quality of the cable, especially the sheath, and thought it would hold up well in the wet weather of Seattle. It did hold up well, and am still using it today in Alaska.

Besides the "wet" environment, the sheath or jacket withstood a modest amount of abrasion caused by my young boys and their trampling across it (a portion ran across my backyard patio). The cable is fine in my book, just install your own connectors for reliability's sake. Then you will know what you have. 73.

K5UJ Rating: 4/5 Jan 18, 2005 13:54 Send this review to a friend
High quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered two 100 foot runs of 213 from Cablexperts 6 weeks ago with UHF males on the ends. As usual, the cables were at my door the next day. Over the past 4 years or so, I have ordered tinned braid, copper wire, insulators, 213, 8U, 1318 and 8X in various lengths along with adaptors, and probably some other things I've forgotten, with absolutely no problems, the latest 213 runs included. In fact, if there had been problems I would have remembered everything I ordered. The latest shipment was assembled and packaged very well with high quality connectors and soldering. I would not hesitate to order from them again.

KT0DD Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2005 15:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Luck Here  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought 2 6' jumpers at Dayton 2003 to hook up my TT Titan 425 amp to my rig. I use them on both the input & output of the amp with NO problems so far. I've run 1500 watts thru mine with no failure. Maybe I just got a good batch. Hope I'm not setting myself up for trouble by posting this from what I've read Hi Hi. So far So good... 73.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2005 15:39 Send this review to a friend
NO problems here!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 475' of Cable Experts cables of various lengths and with various connector types. This includes a CXP213. NO problems with any of the cables.

Dennis / KG4RUL

KC7WGS Rating: 0/5 Jan 16, 2005 15:24 Send this review to a friend
First and Last order  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Placed an order mid 12/16 for a small job I was doing. Expected ship date of 12/22. Emailed 12/27 to ensure the ship date had been made. NO RESPONSE. Called on 12/29. TOld "some of the connectors are on back order so we can't ship yet." I asked them to ship what they had completed and it arrived January 7. Still no word on the rest of the order so I cancelled it today. 1/16. What a way to run a business...

K2ESE Rating: 0/5 Dec 4, 2004 21:30 Send this review to a friend
Awful Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Irecently purchased "Expertly" made cables from this company, including short jumpers and long 50 and 100 foot lengths. The jumpers started failing and after close examination, I discovered the following:
The connectors were neatly shrink wrapped with the company logo.
The Shields were not tinned at all!
The center conductor was not tinned either.
The solder holes in the 259's had solder in all the holes but it was just enough to tack the shield in place.
Same story with the center conductor, just tacked in place.
Two of the connectors had sorts due to the shields not being trimmed back to clear the center conductor.

The company states that there quality workmanship is warranted for 60 days.
Radio Shack has a better warranty!

This stuff is not quality at all! Don't waist your money!!!

KC2GOW Rating: 0/5 Dec 4, 2004 21:14 Send this review to a friend
TRASH,GARBAGE,(PLACE WORD HERE)  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
They are great cables if you do not take them out of the box!!! I had TWO PL-259 connectors on RG-213 fall apart. By the way, this is on a 50ft and a 100ft pre-assembled run. Under close examination, the shield was NOT soldered at all to the connector itself. The cable literally pulled out of the PL-259. They do a good job at heat-shrinking the ends, but this isn't going to save your amplifier or finals now is it? I had to take a rig out of line for service and on cable #2, it was very easy to look down into the connector. There was no soldering to be found whatsoever! That makes me sit back and think about their promise of a HIGH QUALITY cable? I am running an older 9913 cable up my 90ft tower and now I am going to cut all the weather proofing to check out the ends. I don't want to kill my AL-1500 because the connector on the beam is GARBAGE!