Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | RF Concepts rfc 2-23 Help

Reviews Summary for RF Concepts rfc 2-23
RF Concepts rfc 2-23 Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $no longer made
Description: 2m (144-148 MHz) Solid State VHF Amplifier.
2W in - 30W out

You can write your own review of the RF Concepts rfc 2-23.

KD4WPC Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2009 15:19 Send this review to a friend
Killa amp!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Whats that? You dont have one of these but know where to get one? You best get it before someone else does...
I've had mine like 12 yrs. I've used it hard,and I mean hard for packet,ssb,and fm work. Its never givin me a bit of trouble and has been very reliable. The pre amp sucks in those weak sig's big time.
You best get that one your lookin at...

N3OQD Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2008 11:22 Send this review to a friend
Exellent amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
Got this one at a local hamfest 2 years ago NOS for $100. Build quality is much better than Mirage. What more can be said of a good little dual band amp? Too bad that they are no longer being made!!

N7TRZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2007 00:23 Send this review to a friend
great little brick  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine 2nd hand. Never any trouble, good preamp and you have to work pretty hard to get it "too hot". Secret: this is the exact same amp board as the 220 version 3-22, the only difference being where the etched inductors are tapped. If you can get a look at both side by side it is super simple to modify each one for the other band if needed. I miss seeing RFC amps new, was a nice line-up.

AE5J Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2007 09:09 Send this review to a friend
Great at SSB and CW too  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use my 2-23 a bit differently from some of the others here. It is used to boost output on 2m SSB and CW for a Yaesu FT-817. It really makes a difference. I bought mine new many years ago when it first came out but didn't really start using it much until I started using it with the 817. If you can find one still, it is a great little amp.

KA6PSD Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2007 22:02 Send this review to a friend
Just What the doc ordered  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
With my little VX-170 there were fringe locations in which I could not get into the local repeaters, however when backed by the rfc 2-23 I get into the ones I knew of and a bunch that I could not even tickle. 30 W was just what the doctor ordered ! Bought mine at a hamfest for 35.00 and no complaits what so ever.

KB5LYR Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2006 00:52 Send this review to a friend
Very Rugged Amp.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my first RFC 2-23 amp in 1991. Within the first 14 days the preamp relay failed. I returned it to the dealer and they replaced the whole amp. I used a Kenwood TH-225A HT set at 5 watts to drive the amp to 30 watts into a pair of A147-11's stacked yagis. This was my main VHF setup for 5 years. On occasion I'd use the amp in my truck. I never had a another problem with it. I retired the amp when the lower cost, higher output, 2m mobile units hit the market. Just last week I was digging through some junk boxes and came across the amp. I decided to pull it out and hook it up to the old 225A that was also retired. I eased into it with a 1/2 watt and then switched to 5. The amp kicked out it's 30 watts into a Ringo Ranger. It's now back in service after being in storage for 10 years. What a great little brick.

KC0TNJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2005 09:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp in a Small Space!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There are two areas that I drive through on my way home from work that are "Radio Dead Zones" with the HT that I use in my car. During my drive home I would tell whomever I was in QSO with that I would be back in about 5 minutes as I went through them. After I hooked up this little amp, I was able to break through the dead zones on transmit, and the pre-amp cleared up 90% of the white noise, allowing good QSOs on the way home.

Don - KCTNJ

KE4ZHN Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2004 14:01 Send this review to a friend
Nice little amp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had one of these little amps when I first got licensed and was using a 2 mtr. HT. This little amp worked very well and put out a good solid 30+ watts and never once gave me problems. The preamp in it worked very well and it enabled me to make many simplex contacts I probably wouldnt have been able to make limited to just 5 watts from the HT alone. Good quality amplifier.

YO3DLL Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2004 12:27 Send this review to a friend
Excelent !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Working great !!!

YO3DLL...............Liviu

VE6XL Rating: 4/5 Nov 16, 2003 08:43 Send this review to a friend
Good Little Amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this little amp a long time ago to use with a Yaesu FT-411E handheld. It does indeed put out a solid 30-40w and has a very generous heat sink.

The preamplifier also works great. It seems all their products are made well. It was a bit pricey which is why am I giving it a 4.