Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | ICOM SP-3 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM SP-3
ICOM SP-3 Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $150.00
Description: ICOM SP-3 Communications Speaker

You can write your own review of the ICOM SP-3.

KB0TXC Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2013 11:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This has been one of the best accessories that I have bought for my QTH. I use it with my ancient R-70, which improved the audio quality a hundred fold. The audio is punchy and clear, and any hiss is greatly reduced without the audio becoming muddy. This older speaker sounds much better than Icom's newer versions, and I will be looking for another to use with my R-7000!

KC8TRL Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2012 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello All
I just got my Icom IC-SP3 speaker about a month ago and it's great the reproduction of the sound is awesome I can actually hear more station then I ever could I don't have to turn the pre-amp on half the time because I hear the other station that good just turn the volume up a little and the station is there awesome speaker this is a keeper for the longest time I I wanted a full matching HF rig and now I do and the speak enhances the quality of my station now great speaker I just wish that Icom will start makeing them like this again.

KB4LGM Rating: 5/5 Apr 7, 2011 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was lucky enough to find 2 of these to put on my IC 735 and IC 718. The speaker has a nice response that is not to full of bass and not to high either. It matches the 718 quite well. It is to bad that these aren't made any more.

AI4HO Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2009 18:22 Send this review to a friend
Works well with my Pro III  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this speaker going on 3 years now, I have had this speaker connected to a variety of different rigs. Each rig has its strengths and weaknesses, and the SP-3 adjusts well to each rig. Currently I have this speaker connected to my 756 ProIII, before that was my 756 Pro. I must say that the SP-3 does a better job over all with my Pro III than it did when I had the IC SP-23 with all the filters and such. Now this is just my personal experiences yours may and probably will vary. If I could find another one of these I would get it and connect it to my 756 Pro, currently I am using a Yaesu SP-8.

Nothing against the SP-8 it is an excellent speaker, but its big, taking up a larger area of my operating area here in the front room than does my SP-3. Only reason I haven't moved the SP-8 to my Pro III is due to the fact that it wont fit in the area I have for my speaker. My SP-23 fit----barely, but it did fit, the SP-3 fit quite nicely, but the Yaesu speaker is bigger than the SP-23 sooooo, at least for the time being the Yaesu speaker is relegated to the front room and the operating position here. On a side note my Kenwood TS-570D sounds very nice on the SP-8, but the SP-8 is another review. GUD DX

73 de Mark
W3LZK

KI4CRA Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2008 19:12 Send this review to a friend
Does what I need it to do!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my Icom SP-3 speaker for just over a year now. I first used it on my Yaesu FT-897D, most recently it has been used with my Icom 746Pro with great results. Now I just moved it to my Yaesu FT-920---WOW, this speaker really shines with this radio. What wonderful sound that come from this speaker. With the 746Pro and its IF DSP, this speaker was a joy to use, even more so with the FT-920. I think the DSP on the 920 is truly incredible, and with this speaker it is even more so. Now if I can only find another one, so I can have one for each of my HF rigs.

Mark AI4HO

VK5FHAM Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2008 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own 2 of these speakers and have been using the sp3 for some years now, i use it with a 751A and a 271H, people say the 751A has a great RX... well, plug an sp3 into it and the RX is just so smooth, shame they dont make the new ones to sound like these sp3's

Regards...

VK5FDMR Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2007 07:49 Send this review to a friend
Great little unit  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi everyone,

I have owned my Ic-SP3 now for a few years. I bought it second hand and it was extremely hard to come by down here in VK land. No one wanted to part with one and I could not find any in the usual places but luckily for me I was able to eventually get one. Now I know why. No way will I part with mine. The sound reproduction is outstanding. Mine is used with my Ic-751A and completes my line up together with my Ic-SM2. I have used the speaker with my Ic-208H as well and again the audio is fantastic. I have used an Ic-SP21 but personally I prefer my Ic-SP3. If I could find another I would grab one with out a doubt.

Grab one if you can!

Hope this review helps.

Best 73 de Dave VK5FDMR

MM0PMW Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2007 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Nice sounding speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I managed to purchase a very fine example, from Jaycee in Scotland.Why is it that the new models from Icom dont sound as good as this does?If you can find one buy it.

K0KES Rating: 4/5 Aug 16, 2006 18:32 Send this review to a friend
good general purpose speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just made a big mistake in selling my SP3 speaker.It matched my old IC735 and matched fairly well with my IC756Pro2.I couldnt leave well enough alone and bought a brand new SP23 which matches the Pro-perfectly. ONLY it sounds terrible.Bad freq responce tinney sounding and just not up to what I am used to from ICOM.If you can find a SP3 get it but stay away from the rediculose SP23.

WA1GMT Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2005 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Works well  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this speaker now for a few years and it sounds just fine.Not to much bass and not to much treble,with a full rich sound.I bought mine on ebay for around $45.00 in decent condition.If you can get one for close to the same price, then for the money I think you will like it.Matches up nicely with my Icom 751a too.