Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | N3FJP Contesting Software Help

Reviews Summary for N3FJP Contesting Software
N3FJP Contesting Software Reviews: 79 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $6.00
Description: A collection of Contesting modules that work with or without N3FJP's AC
Log software to make contesting almost run itself! November
Sweepstakes Log 3.8 (System Requirements - MS Windows 95, 98, NT,
ME, 2000, XP or Macintosh under Virtual PC!)
More info: http://www.n3fjp.com

You can write your own review of the N3FJP Contesting Software.

WT8WV Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2017 19:15 Send this review to a friend
I love it!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I don't really call myself a big time contester, but I enjoy contesting on occasion and find that a good logging program adds greatly to my enjoyment. I have used it in the past with our local club for Field Day... and it is awesome! TONS of data points to look at in real-time and archives everything you want. Also uploads to LOTW and other places and I am sure serious contesters appreciate the QSL it provides to them on the flip trip. I bought the November SS module last November and it was fantastic... I'm going to go ahead and buy the whole suite soon just to have it for other contests. It's worth every penny. I actually talked to N3FJP during a contest once! Super nice guy!

N7GCO Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2017 23:27 Send this review to a friend
Extremely intuitive  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using N3FJP contest logging software for over ten years. I have tried several others, but I always come back. This software is so intuitive and easy to use. Scott is continually making the software more powerful and effective. With the current integration of DX spotting with useful filtering, it is incredible. Scott and the user groups is very helpful and quick to respond. This software is OUTSTANDING!

WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2017 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Logging Program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Scott has put together an excellent logging program with Amateur Contact Log(ACLog). I am very impressed how he will reply to emails with answering your questions. This is the customer service that is so nice to have when you purchase something. I also really like how the W1GEE WinKey works with ACLog. This is added feature that really compliments the program with having CW keyboard capabilities. Also I have used the Wisconsin QSO Party software and it works very well. If you are looking for a nice logging program this would be the one that I recommend after having used Win-EQF for many years.

G4DWV Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2017 08:07 Send this review to a friend
Nice programs with a deal killer for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was reviewing the software and was so impressed I was seriously considering buying the package for all the programs. However, for those hams NOT living in the USA there was no equivalent for us of the CD that my stateside friends could get with all the programs on. If it is such a plus for them, and it is, we should at least be able to download an ISO. That was the deal killer for me and I decided not to purchase.

W2FBS Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2017 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Better than ever!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just downloaded the latest edition, free of course, and the new features are awesome. Some great new links for my Flex 6000 series and the new net logger is great too.

Congrats to Scott for a great series of programs with superior support. HRD should try and emulate Scott.

AD6GE Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2017 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Program(s)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the N3FJP software for over 5 years. I use the ACL for my everyday logging, and I use most of his contest programs to contest with. I find them all easy to use, a snap to set up, and with his new API feature it is simple to load other logging programs into ACL. Support is great, and there is a great support group where you can get help, and a lot of the times it is Scott (N3FJP)himself that will give the answer. Well worth the money, and you never have to spend another dime. All upgrades and new programs are free for registered users of his suite

N7NSL Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2016 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Does the job well!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Our club has been using this software for several years for Field Day. Only trouble we have had is my lack of knowledge of networks. We use PicoStation 2 for our wifi and I had trouble getting our 3 or 4 stations on the network. With the advent of a wiser new ham (KG7UAV) we've been successfully using network capability for the last to years. The annual update is easy and free. The GUI is straight forward. Creating the appropriate cabrillo files can even be done by folks like myself. Everyone in our club (W7GRA) has found it great for Field Day events!

AA4GA Rating: 1/5 Jun 27, 2016 07:23 Send this review to a friend
Really not very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I know a lot of folks who are ďcasualĒ contesters use the N3FJP contest loggers, but Iíd never had an opportunity to give it a try until FD this past weekend. I actually operated with two separate groups, and both were using the FJP program.

Let me say, that I find the software extremely frustrating. I think its big claim to fame and reason for its popularity is that it is simple to setup and operate. Since I didnít set it up, I canít address that. I do know a certain amount of setup is required for N1MM+, but itís really not that bad, and once done, you have a vastly superior logger.

At one FD site, the computer was set up to send CW Ė I canít count the number of times in a three hour shift that I hit the [ESC] key to stop sending and the program erased the call from the entry window. The op who checked me out on the software said that calling and logging required separate key presses. Several times, I would forget to hit [ENTER] to log and started typing the next call on top of the exchange of the previous QSO. Hitting [ESC] would wipe the entire previous QSO out.

The program would not allow the logging of a duplicate contact. I donít know if this is an option or not, but it should be doable. And if these are configurable options, I donít understand how this program can be that much easier to set up than N1MM.

More than once, the program locked up with the radio keyedÖwhether this was RFI or some other issue, I donít know.

At the second FD site, the computer was not connected to the rig for sending, which actually resulted in a lot less problems, but required that everything be hand-sent.

I know most of my problems are because I am not familiar with the program and its peculiarities, but for a program that is supposed to be easy to use, it is not: it is counter-intuitive, particularly for someone with experience with other contest loggers. The bottom line is that this logger is very clunky for contest operating, and I wouldnít recommend it over the vastly superior (and free!) N1MM+ - even for someone just wanting a casual contesting experience.

WA8KOQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2016 13:28 Send this review to a friend
ALWAYS HELPFULL  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have run a lower version of this for years and it's all I need, whenever I have trouble upgrading my computer Scott is ALWAYS FAST on the email help. Truly a great logging program ...
Thanks Scott.

KD6CCP Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2016 21:52 Send this review to a friend
Perfection..  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for an easy to use logging program. I read many reviews watched videos exzamined screen shots read fourm comments the works. Price was not a deciding factor ease of use was. I was on the fence for weeks but went with N3FJP because others stated how easy it was to use.

It loaded right up rig control cluster within minutes I was done. I did a few pratice entries in the contest log then started in with the Arrl dx contest.

After a few entries I kept thinking what if it had this, it does what if it could do that it did what it only do this it does it almost felt cheating making this part of the hobby so painfully easy. One mouse , feet up on the desk vox running looking at the screen I find a station click it rig jumps to the spot I say hello and its entered into the log. If I want more its there but for a contest the exchange is simple. I also use HRD but for logging and contest this is my go to program. 100'percent satisfied worth every penny...