Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | N3FJP Contesting Software Help

Reviews Summary for N3FJP Contesting Software
N3FJP Contesting Software Reviews: 63 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $6.00
Description: A collection of Contesting modules that work with or without N3FJP's AC
Log software to make contesting almost run itself! November
Sweepstakes Log 3.8 (System Requirements - MS Windows 95, 98, NT,
ME, 2000, XP or Macintosh under Virtual PC!)
More info: http://www.n3fjp.com

You can write your own review of the N3FJP Contesting Software.

AJ4RW Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2013 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic logging program  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's still the best contest logging program on the market. It's so user friendly that you could feed a monkey bananas and he could use it. Customer support is also second to none, quick and courteous, thanks.

Randy

WA4HHG Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2013 08:26 Send this review to a friend
A REAL value !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using the VHF Contest program for several years and love it. This year, I entered the CQWW 160 Contest. The software ran flawlessly, duplicate contacts are a thing of the past. When contest ended, I had my logs submitted and on the CQ www site within about 7 minutes of making the last contact.

AG6AN Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2013 21:35 Send this review to a friend
Best $40 spent   Time owned: more than 12 months
Best $40 spent on ham radio. Simple, easy, and does everything you want it to. I give it a 6 out of 5. Don't hesitate on this one.

N0DQS Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2013 19:36 Send this review to a friend
great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I Really like all the software, use the VHF contesting software and use it as a Rover works great and simple to use and easy to upload to the AC Log!

N0DQS Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2013 19:32 Send this review to a friend
great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I Really like all the software, use the VHF contesting software and use it as a Rover works great and simple to use and easy to the AC Log!

KC8IMB Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2012 14:13 Send this review to a friend
We've used it for years!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Many years ago we were in need of a simple, stable logging program for a multi-op contest situation. We went out on a limb and tried N3FJP. Actually it wasn't much of a limb, the cost of individual programs is VERY reasonable. A few months later I purchased the entire suite license (which, again, is VERY reasonable). We are very pleased. Nothing too fancy, just what you need. We've used most of the software now, from November Sweepstakes to Field Day to WPX RTTY. Yep, it interfaces nicely with the K7RE RTTY program (which itself is based on MMTTY). Guest ops who have never used logging software in their life find no trouble getting the contacts in.

Recently I decided to get my non-contest paper log switched over and start logging on the PC full-time (using ACLog). For DXing it's great to see what you've worked, what you need to work, and use that information with the DX Spots. For rag-chewing it's nice to see when you've worked the other station before. Formerly if someone said we had a QSO before I'd franticly flip through my paper log trying to find it. Interfacing with LoTW (once you have it set up) is a One-Button affair. I'm not sure why I didn't do this earlier.

It's nice to know the programmer behind the software, Scott, is now devoting more time to the business. Before it was a "side" job. To Scott, Kim, and everyone else who makes it all come together, a big THANK YOU!

I've used N1MM for contests and it is nice. But I'm pretty well now sold on N3FJP as my personal preference.

W4CYS Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2012 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Very Effective and User Friendly  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The N3FJJP Contesting Software is very user-friendly and most useful during contest operations. It keeps track of your score as you go; provides information as to how many QSOs you have made and the number of Multipliers that you have made, on each band and the names of the countries. I purchased the entire software package for all contests and logging programs the day before the 2012 ARRL International DX Contest. I became familiar with it in just an hour or two before the start of the contest. I am very pleased with it and would rate Scott's contesting software a 5+++++. I intend to show my buddies at my local radio club of the virtues of this software.

KJ4QAN Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2011 19:23 Send this review to a friend
Blessedly uncomplicated.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a uniquely uncomplicated piece of software. Today it seems that everything in ham radio has to have as many bells and whistles that the kitchen sink will hold. This is especially true of logging programs. I tried all the shareware and freeware out there. After 22 years working in software and hardware development, I'm tired of all the steep learning curves required to use a program, when all I really want to do is some simple thing... like log contacts. You will never feel that way with this logging program. It is elegantly simple and has absolutely no learning curve. Install it and start logging. I especially like the Possible Duplicates feature that does an active string search on callsign as you enter it. And if you already worked that station on another band, it automatically fills in the class and section. I also like the statistics outputs.

This program runs under Windows 7 just fine and there isn't any conflicts with other programs running simultaneously. When you install it, use full administrative privileges and use XP service pack 2 compatibility. You won't have any problems.

Scott and Kimberly bend over backwards for customer support. Bellsouth.net wouldn't allow wouldn't allow their emails through that provide the password, even though I had gone online through AT&T/Yahoo mail server to see if they had been spammed. Nothing there. Bellsouth.net is notorious for this kind of behavior. Turn spam blocker off at your online mail account if you are expecting am email with your password! (I didn't know this at the time.) Anyway, Dave sent me the password in the mail to resolve the issue. They are great people to work with.

AJ4RW Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2011 16:24 Send this review to a friend
Great program for contesting  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used this program for the last 2 contest and I love it. It makes contesting a breeze as far as keeping score and submitting the proper forms for a contest. The only thing I need to work on is making it interface with my FT-2000 so when I change bands I won't need to change the setting to reflect the correct band but I'm working on that. It also provides you with a ongoing tally of your score so you can see what contacts will give you the best score. This program is a definite must for contesting.
Randy AJ4RW

K3ROJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2010 16:16 Send this review to a friend
Satisfied Customer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the entire suite a few years ago and used the main logger for a while. Then I read about nGENLOG being so good and bought it. It did work well for a while but then all of a sudden it would no longer load. It was a headache trying to get info from them to get it going, so I gave up and now back with N3FJP. I had lost my passwords since I had a new PC but in a matter of 20 minutes, Scott E-Mailed them to me. Talk about good support. Am sticking with N3FJP from now on. Oh, by the way, thanks to his documented help, I was able to get LOTW going which I could never do before.