Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Five by Five - ham test preparation software Help

Reviews Summary for Five by Five - ham test preparation software
Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $$29
Description: This software will prepare you for your written exams. It has lots of options
More info: http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/FCCTest/hamexam.html

You can write your own review of the Five by Five - ham test preparation software.

KD8DEY Rating: 2/5 Nov 3, 2006 08:57 Send this review to a friend
Good Program Bad support  Time owned: more than 12 months
Program works just fine but their support policy / lifetime upgrade is crap. I Used the program to get my tech license this past march.

I'm now ready to start studying to upgrade to General except for 1 little problem. Had a crash a while back. My old unlock key is no longer valid with the newer version.

I was Issued a new key for the newer version about a year or so ago which was lost with my system failure.

SWREG cannot find my info to validate my purchace and re-issue the NEWER unlock key even though I still have my origional key issued at time of purchase along with my origional address and what I believe to have been my e-mail address at the time of purchase.

Been trying to get this resolved since sept. and all I get is "sorry" replys.....

KB6GH Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2005 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Training Tool ...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The software is easily configurable for progressive levels of testing to each individual's own liking.
Everything is there plus future question pool updates when they become available.
This software is an excellent tool especially when used with W5YI/WB6NOA test preperation guides (those are good for their clear explanations regarding some of the more complex questions).
Well worth the price of admission!

N9PVW Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2004 11:48 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Been a ham for 14 years now. A General for 7. Saw the review for five by five about 3 weeks ago. Decided to give it a try! I'm now passing the test with a eighty or better. Very nice software. Hope to take my real test soon.

KE4STG Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2004 17:15 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Love it can do any test scenerio ther is. Like said in an earlier review Almost Perfect.

N7BUI Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2004 00:18 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent software package that allowed me to pass my Extra with only about 3 weeks of study. It actually has a method of tracking wrong answers and drilling you on them more heavily. Plus the package has all of the FCC commercial license question pools that it test you on also. Fully configurable to present the tests in any method that you prefer.

W5ZZG Rating: 5/5 Nov 21, 2003 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Almost perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using this software for a week now to get ready for the Extra written exam and thanks to the software I think I am about ready. The online versions of this software are great but this one has more options and I can make it work exactly as I would if I had designed this software myself. BTW I found a two or three questions that referenced the wrong diagram. (you will know which is wrong when you see it as the referenced items in the questions aren't shown in the diagram)