Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | HyGain 105CA Help

Reviews Summary for HyGain 105CA
HyGain 105CA Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $289.95
Description: 10M monoband Yagi
More info: http://www.hy-gain.com

You can write your own review of the HyGain 105CA.

W1XYZ Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2015 18:19 Send this review to a friend
300+ countries over 25 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Up in the air for over 25 years! NO problems. Worked 300+ on ten. Usable (with tuner) on FM and AM portions of the band. Worked JA with converted CB 3W AM QSO 59. Worked Ascension Island running 1mW SSB (transverter output) which I would think is a record. Easy to assemble. Easy to put up. Lasts a long time. Would definitely buy again, but this doesn't seem likely as my last inspection suggests it ought to be good for another 25 years.

OD5ZZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2013 13:17 Send this review to a friend
perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased one few months ago and never regret I did , I was able to get 5 9+60 reports into the State side as well as many other DX countries , I use it almost daily DX'ing and reports been amazing.

Construction was straight forward , all parts present

I highly recommend it .

K7ULS Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2011 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great antenna took 3 hrs to assemble in my shop then I use it portable at 9000' on the Bronco. First weekend out with just 100 watts made 520 qso's and 12 new DXCC to EU and OC. Had the antenna get encased in ice from a snowstorm and the swr went into orbit but once it melted everthing was ok also use the BN-4000B balun. With the increase in sunspots this is an antenna to be reckoned with.
de K7ULS

VK3LMR Rating: 4/5 Dec 12, 2009 08:53 Send this review to a friend
Good for price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well it's got the performance of an 8.5db antenna, which is decent gain for a 5 ele on this boom length, due to the computer design with uneven element spacing. I setup a custom high gain setting and it came out exactly as YG software predicted.

The boom clamp is heavy duty, MFJ sell it for $80 alone ! The mounting hardware is all stainless less and good quality, although a few holes had to be opened up with a drill.

The elements tips are flimsy and have slight bends in them. But on the other hand this antenna is very lightweight for its size.
The boom sags, not enough to effect performance at all, but I would prefer it with some boom support, it would look better and may handle high winds better. I think I will get around to supporting the boom one day.

For the price you can't beat it, it is good value and very usable. How durable it is I don't yet know. Mine is the newer MFJ version.

VE4MM Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2003 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Great Value!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this antenna for about 7 years (1990 - 1997). Great gain and I really like the Hy-Gain boom to mast clamp!

Quality is real good and SWR was low right off the bat.

MFJ should keep this antenna just the way Telex had it.

I won #1 North America Low Power SSB in the 1991 10 Meter Contest with this baby.

I have a brand new one which should go up at my Office next year.