Reviews Categories | Filters, AC Line | TrippLite Line Conditioner Help

Reviews Summary for TrippLite Line Conditioner
TrippLite Line Conditioner Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Tripp Lite's LC1800 automatic voltage regulation system offers complete protection from brownouts, overvoltages and transient surges for computers, copiers, laser printers, fax machines and more. Transformer-based voltage correction circuits maintain usable 120V nominal AC output during brownouts as low as 87V and overvoltages to 140V. Network grade equipment protection offers AC surge and noise suppression. Rated at 1500 watts continuous/1800 peak. This is not a UPS.
More info: http://www.tripplite.com/products/product.cfm?productID=209

You can write your own review of the TrippLite Line Conditioner.

W4TME Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2003 22:20 Send this review to a friend
A solid buy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
As an IT engineer that has built and managed high-availability data centers over the past 18 years, I know the value of providing clean, noise-free stable A/C power to sensitive and expensive electronics - and the pitfalls if you don't. When I started putting my current shack together, I wanted to make sure that I adequately protected my rig and accessories from surges, spikes and RFI/EMI induced line noise. At my QTH, I experience more than two dozen power “events” annually. Particularly during extreme hot and cold spells in North Carolina when brownouts are common. Surge protectors are good for preventing major damage, but I wanted a constant 120 volt A/C supply that corrected for voltage irregularities to a greater degree than what low-end UPSs provide.

This unit has exceeded my expectations. It provides 80 dB of noise suppression @ 1 MHz and corrects voltage variations from between 87 and 140 Volts RMS. It utilizes a stepped transformer design that is efficient and provides excellent protection for sensitive electronics.

I use mine after the low-end computer grade UPS, so that the transfer from A/C to battery backup is smooth and clean and there is no degradation of the A/C waveform in addition to cleaning up the waveform coming from the UPS itself. It is especially useful when utilized in conjunction with a generator during extended power outages or at Field Day. As a matter of fact, during FD2002, we had a voltage regulator go bad on a generator. It destroyed several surge protectors (caught fire) and took out one of our operating positions. The equipment that was behind the LC1800 was not effected. I was sold right then and there. It has been some of the best "insurance" I have purchased for the shack. I highly recommend this line conditioner for any sensitive electronic application.