Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - 6M/VHF/UHF+ | RF Concepts 2-217 Help

Reviews Summary for RF Concepts 2-217
RF Concepts 2-217 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $140
Description: 170W 2 Meter Amplifier

You can write your own review of the RF Concepts 2-217.

OZ5ES Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2014 14:03 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic amp...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been the owner of this one for some years now, and it has seen a bit of action.
I have a feeling that this can never fail, just don't put 25W in it, that would be pure vandalism.
You VERY seldom see these for sale, there is a reason. :-) It's a keeper.

VY 73 de Ebbe oz5es

W5GM Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2004 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Awesome well built amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked my amp up at Belton for $125 and so far it has been the best amp ever! Even if you are stupid like me and accidentally over drive the thing, the most you will do is burn out an EASILY replaceable resistor. I have run 7 watts in to get 200 out for extended periods of time with no ill effects.. I am looking for another one to go in the truck!

W8MMN Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2003 08:44 Send this review to a friend
170W out for 2W in!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got one of these used (only about 10 hours operation on it) for $175. It will give you 170W out for 2W in - it is great for HT's. But it will take up to 5W in, which on my Bird gives 190W out! I use this with my Icom at 5W to get extra "punch" for those simplex QSOs. For the money, it is the best amp I ever owned. Runs warm, but not hot. I installed a fan and now it stays cool even with a high duty cycle. Great signal & audio reports, too. Get one if you can find one!