Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Kenwood SP-50 Ext Mobile Speaker Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood SP-50 Ext Mobile Speaker
Kenwood SP-50 Ext Mobile Speaker Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $56
Description: Compact (relatively flat) Speaker

You can write your own review of the Kenwood SP-50 Ext Mobile Speaker.

ZS6XOX Rating: 5/5 Jul 12, 2015 07:40 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 of them connected to my TM-D710E, one for 2m and the other for 70cm.

Excellent

K6USN Rating: 1/5 May 7, 2013 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Tinny  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to like this speaker. Just the right size for my portable K3 station. Well made and from Japan, not China.
Eleven outstanding reviews on e Ham convinced me to purchase it. Big mistake.
Upon plugging it into my K3 I immediately noticed it was significantly inferior to the
small top firing speaker in the K3. Tinny and lacking base. I tried it on CW and SSB and AM.
I compared it to my Yaesu MLS 100 portable speaker (about same size and price). It was inferior to the Yaesu MLS 100 as well.

I tried this in an office, not a mobile environment over a period of several days to rule out band conditions or other reception factors.
I don't like to write negative reviews, but this product is a significant compromise of size over quality.

G0OJG Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2012 02:22 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got one for my 480sat as i had trouble hearing the in-built speaker,i have to say the SP-50 Ext Mobile Speaker gives clear audio and is a vast improvement over the internal speaker.

N7KFD Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2011 20:42 Send this review to a friend
Excelent Audio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one to use with my Kenwood TM-D710 which I have mounted on the end of the desk in the house. I recently decided to plug it into my TS-480 and could not believe the difference! I'm going to buy a second one so each radio has one, it really does make that big of a difference!

K2RMO Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2011 16:12 Send this review to a friend
Undistorted Sound  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had one of these speakers for a while and finally installed it in my Ford F250 Super Duty. Mounted overhead between the sunvisors. Not blocking rearview mirror at all. Snaked the wire down to my FT8800R. Had to make a 1.5ft extension to reach the rig. The differnece is tremendous. Should have installed it a while ago.

VE4AMN Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2008 21:16 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this in the car for a year with an FT-857d. The sound is full and undistorted. Very pleased - picked it up for $25 on eBay - good deal.

KQ4KK Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2007 05:38 Send this review to a friend
A Fine Speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one in my mobile since 1994. Works great, much better than any "builtin".

W3WTF Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2007 19:28 Send this review to a friend
Excellent sound  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great sound improvement over my 706MK2G's built-in speaker.

N6HBJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2006 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is by far the best sounding small speaker around!

I have used one on my ADI 220 rig in my shack for 3 years and just got one for my mobile installation Yaesu 8800R. Very smooth peasing tone. Way better than the old Radio Shack ext speakers (which were pretty good themselves for the price).

It's pretty expensive but very well worth it if you like good audio!

Mike N6HBJ

KI4GKS Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2005 18:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A little pricey but, an excellent sound! I use one with a Kenwood TM D-700. It is mounted on the door post on the drivers side. The sound is very intelligible even at low audio levels. I plan to buy another one.