Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Kenwood SP-50 Ext Mobile Speaker Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood SP-50 Ext Mobile Speaker
Kenwood SP-50 Ext Mobile Speaker Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $56
Description: Compact (relatively flat) Speaker

You can write your own review of the Kenwood SP-50 Ext Mobile Speaker.

KG6POG Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2005 18:35 Send this review to a friend
Great sound small package  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought a TS-480HX, and decided to get a new speaker to go with the radio.

Kenwood has a decent reputation home and mobile audio, so I decided to go with the SP-50. I do have other communication speakers but none of them have the audio quality of this little speaker.

I was looking for a good sounding speaker that wan't too large. I have my radio station tucked away in my computer desk, and needed a smaller speaker to sit on the shelf above my computers monitor, and the SP-50 sits there perfectly, directly above and in front of myself, and the microphone.

For the money I don't think the SP-50 can be beat as a mobile or a base station speaker. It's a very clear articulate speaker, that's easy to listen to.
N6HBJ Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2004 02:09 Send this review to a friend
Great sound  Time owned: more than 12 months
Wow, what a nice sounding mobile speaker! Even sounds better than the old Radio Shack standby. Very nice pleasant full bodied tone. I use it in my shack for my mobile rigs but it is expensive so if you need several speakers it can be costly.
N7INK Rating: 4/5 Dec 2, 2003 18:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Audio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my first one about five years ago and my second one about 2 years ago. Excellent audio, relatively compact (2.5 inches deep) so it fits nicely in my GMC Jimmy and also in my Silverado Pickup. In the Jimmy I mounted it high above my left ear on the door post so that I can hear it well but not intrusive to the XYL (not a radio fan).
I only rated it a 4 based on price. Although I think it is a 5 in quality I think it is a bit pricey. But I would not sell either one of them. I have used Motorola and GE recycled commercial speakers purchased at swap meets with good audio but they have a larger form factor.