Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | SatPC32 Help

Reviews Summary for SatPC32
SatPC32 Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $40 - 50
Description: Satellite Tracking Program
More info: http://www.dk1tb.de/indexeng.htm

You can write your own review of the SatPC32.

VA7ACG Rating: 4/5 May 31, 2013 22:46 Send this review to a friend
Great software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started with the sats about 3 years ago. This program does all I expected. Controls the radio (TS-2000X) well and runs the rotators (G5500). I do use the LVB tracker as the interface.

AI4WC Rating: 2/5 Feb 17, 2013 09:57 Send this review to a friend
Marginal program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I downloaded it and got it running. Demo version was not impressive and gave very little info. I'm glad I still have a Windows XP computer loaded with STS Plus - the best simple tracking program ever written. I've not found one better. Look around; you'll find an old version, but it won't run on VISTA OS and newer machines. I'm glad I didn't buy SatPC32.

KA7FVV Rating: 2/5 Jun 16, 2011 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Free programs with better features  Time owned: months
Downloaded the demo and was not impressed from the start. Free programs like Orbitron and WxTrack have better features and allow full screen on hires monitors. For the money Nova would be a better buy. No ground track of satellites and it only tracks one at a time. Direction arrows are cute but give me the track.

K3ROJ Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2010 09:02 Send this review to a friend
Ideal for the IC910H  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My last Sat software was NOVA which would not work with newer Windows 64 bit. At a local Hamfest, I joined AMSAT and was told to try the SatPC32 once my member number came which is on my AMSAT Journal Newsletter. Anyway, I have two SAT rigs, an FT847 and IC910H. I chose the IC910H since it has the 1296 unit installed. I was amazed at how well the 910H mated with it along with my RS232 Yaesu AZ/EL rotator. We attempt to work the Chinese HO68 everyday since it is so easy to use CW with. I wish the Russians would send up another satellite comparible to their famous sats, the Radiosputnix RS 12/13 and RS 15 which gave me many states. Working SATS in FM mode is like using FM on the local repeaters--no fun.

WB7QXU Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2009 09:43 Send this review to a friend
Great Progrma  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This Demo program is awlsome, The only difference is I have to enter long and lat. each time I start the program. It is easy to use and keeps the doppler shift in sync.
This is a great program and works well with my Icom 910H "just love its simplicity".

WA4SCA Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2007 16:42 Send this review to a friend
Does it all.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been operating amateur satellites for 20+ years, and have used a variety of tracking programs beginning with DOS through the latest Windows versions. SatPC32 is the program which I always dreamed of having.

It supports practically any antenna control interface, even those which have been out of productions for years. New ones are quickly added as Erich gets the needed information from the manufacturer.

It also supports a wide range of radios, and not just the specialized satellite units. In fact, it includes utilities which allows you to put two different radios "together" making what is in effect a full duplex rig. Transverter and multiple mode satellite support are excellent.

Bugs are very rare, and are often fixed within a few hours of being reported. In fact, when there are changes to support sites such as those used for Keplerians, SatPC32 is usually the first program to have a work around. And finally, the author kindly contributes 100% of the registration fees handled by AMSAT to satellite operations and development!

As with any sophisticated piece of software, there is a learning curve. Documentation is good, and there are many users available to answer questions, as of course does the author.

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2007 13:14 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using SatPC32 since it came out, and it's great! It handles the radio, Doppler correction, and rotator control functions perfectly, and is a breeze to set up and use. For those that don't care for the default maps, you can download some of the NASA "Blue Marble" maps from the SatPC32 website, and update them painlessly.

PD5DJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2006 14:41 Send this review to a friend
Does what it has to do!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am using this software for more that a year now, and i have to say it is the most simple but neverteless best program for amateur satellite tracking there is.
I have used many other tracking programs, but all seem so complicated and have to much options that are useless for amateur satellite tracking.
SatPC32 does all what is must do!
I use the program in combination with my TS-2000, FT-847 and FT-897, and controlling both my ARS and Homebrew compatible Yaesu interface.
Everything works great!!!

And its a real user and beginner friendly program!
I would realy recommend this to all starting or already Ham Satellite operators.

Bjorn de PD5DJ

DL5UP Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2004 01:58 Send this review to a friend
I LIKE IT  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this Programme since 5 month and from my point of view it is worth every CENT. I use a homebrew Rotor Interface and my TRX is a FT-817 for the Downlink and a FT-897 for the Uplink. In the newest version of SatPC32 (12.2) it is now possible to work with this configuration. Special Requests to the author are responded immediately. My thanks to him (please keep on with that S/W)!! Try it for free in the DEMO-Version. Certainly it will also convince you, too.

K0TOM Rating: 5/5 Aug 14, 2004 10:27 Send this review to a friend
SatPC32 works for me!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Being new at satellites,I have tryed about every tracking software out there,however none of them worked with my FT-736R except SatPC32. My hats off to them!!