Reviews Categories | | Help

Reviews Summary for
Reviews: 46 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: (missing—add Description)
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the .

WA9LEO Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2009 17:11 Send this review to a friend
very quick turnaround and very good work.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent b&b after reading their web site, i told him what my ts-440at was doing and he explained to me what the problems were and what it would cost to fix it. After he let me know when to send it in, i did so and within 2 weeks, he e mailed me and let me know that it was ready to ship, and the price was lower then he had quoted me. and it works like it is brand new , thanks again bill, wa9leo

N4GW Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2009 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a pair of Kenwood TS-850s off of ebay. Both had some minor issues due to age. I sent them to Bill for the "Full Monte". When I received them back, they worked like new. I antcipate getting many many years of use out of these radios now. Thanks Bill for such fine work.

N3YZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2008 16:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have a venerable Kenwood TS-430S, original owner, purchased in 1984, used in Keflavik, Iceland. Recently developed Rx problem on all bands. Shipped to Bill. Did the "Full Monty." Now works like new. Tnx Bill! John, Annapolis, MD.

N0TU Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2008 08:28 Send this review to a friend
Fast/Reliable/Reasonable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill is honest, fast, reliable, knows his stuff and reasonable, Need more be said? A repeat and satisfied customer, Steve/n0tu

W8MJE Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2008 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Excellent communications and service  Time owned: months
When my SGC-2020 developed a problem, I was reticent to send it back to SGC, given comments I'd read here and on the Yahoo group. Instead, I queried B&B after reading good reports here.

Bill responded promptly, gave me a rough estimate, and so I packed the rig and sent it off. Door to door turnaround (including shipping both ways) was a little over three weeks, and Bill sent me a complete description of what was done along with the invoice.

Overall, I was very pleased with service, communications and turnaround time, and I think next time I have a rig needing repair it'll probably go to B&B.

KE7KPI Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2008 17:20 Send this review to a friend
I am very happy with their service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had a problem with a TS-520 that I have been trying to fix for several months. I called B&B and made arrangements to drop off the set. I live about 100 miles from B&B and was ready to drop it off and make a second trip to pick it up when the repair was complete. Bill asked if I was going to be in town for a few hours as he would take a look at the set right away. He got it fixed in a couple hours and saved me the trip. His bill was much less than I had counted on and he did a great job on the old set. It works great and I have really enjoyed it.

KK7GO Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2008 16:05 Send this review to a friend
Support For A Problem With A Possible Finals Blow Out  Time owned: more than 12 months
While working DX with my TS-950S, my antenna coax switch failed and the relay switch stuck on a different band than what was being used. I thought I had blown the finals. I E-Mailed Bill and he suggested for me to check the F1 fuse. I did and it was bad. He also helped me through the testing to make sure all was well. Everything worked out just fine. Radio works as before.

Bill did not make a cent on this problem. He did not try to push me into sending my rig to him for repair. We were able to fix it without sending it, nor did he charge me for the help.

Service like this is sometimes hard to find. Although Bill did not make any money off of this problem, he gained a friend. If I need repairs done to my equipment in the futire, I will be sending it to Bill for repair. Good Job Bill and Thank You. 73

W0RIC Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2008 17:16 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Repair & Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bill upgraded my FT-1000D with the Inrad filters and fine-tuned my rig. Great service and turn-around.

100% professional operation.

Highly suggest you use B&B for any amateur repairs.

Rick
W0RIC

VE6CPP Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2008 09:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I should have written this awhile back.. I purchased a Used TS-660S on E-Bay, that turned out to be 'Deaf as a Post' on 6M. It turns out 'Bill' happened to be the 'Original Owner'. (His name was on the back of the Original Manual'..he bought it at Dayton in the early 80's!) I managed to find his E-Mail addy, and after several exchanges, I packed her up and shipped it to Bill for Servicing. He happened to be 'Swamped' with Repairs at the time, so thought I may be waiting quite some time! Well, mine may have been 'bumped up' the list, as I had it back in a 'very short time' from what I was expecting! Now, with 10W into 4El at 21'.. I get Reports of a 'Booming Signal' on 6M.. and the 'Rare Grid' seems to help out too! I still exchange e-mails with Bill from time to time, to keep him up on my progress..and was 'thrilled' to hear and Work Bill,K0ZL during the ARRL VHF Contest in June! He not only repaired her, but got to hear her in action! With the few E-Skip openings I get.. I have logged 37 plus 59 more during the June Contest! I have a TS-670S that has seen better days, (another E-bay Buy) so its going to B&B next! I Highly recommend B&B not only for Great Service, but a Great Ham, a Great Guy, and another Great Friend I made on Ham Radio! My Sis lives just North of Bill and Bonnie, so on my next visit South.. I will finally make the 'Long Awaited Eye Ball QSO! If your Kenwood is not giving you the service it did as New.. Ship her to Bill.. He "Knows His Stuff"
Jerry VE6CPP
DN39or

VE3DPJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2008 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have waited approximately 4 months to write this review.
It started in January of this year with me contacting Bill with regards to repairing and updating my TS-850sat with the “full Monty.”
It didn’t take long to find out that there wasn’t any set procedure for hams (written down in ham magazines) that I could find, to clear the way for an easy transfer of radio equipment, (that required repair) across two borders then back again.
With a lot of input from Warren VE3ZIN- Bill and myself with regards to the customs paper trail side, we finally had a procedure set down for hopefully a trouble free transfer.
This indeed turned out to be the case, there were no problems going across the border to the USA or coming back into Canada.
My TS-850sat is working like a dream in all modes, and has been since it was returned from Bill at B& B Technical Services.
Bill responded very promptly to all emails and kept me up to date on the repairs.
Bill is also going to write down a procedure and paperwork required, and publish it on his web page and hopefully in some ham magazines.
Highly Recommended,