Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | G3VFP OPTO-IFMKII Help

Reviews Summary for G3VFP OPTO-IFMKII
G3VFP  OPTO-IFMKII Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $51.00 Pounds
Description: A universal isolated interface with audio PTT vox.
More info: http://www.g3vfp.org/optoifmkii.htm

You can write your own review of the G3VFP OPTO-IFMKII.

GM0HKS Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2008 10:22 Send this review to a friend
G3VFP OPTO-IFMKII  Time owned: more than 12 months
DAVID DESOUZA-KIRBY G3VFP kindly sold me an OPTOIFMK2 interface with cables etc a couple of years ago. Since then, it has performed flawlessly and done everything I want this little box of tricks to do ! Modestly priced and made from very high quality materials, it has been an excellent buy. The pre delivery and after sales service from David is just superb and if you are looking for a telemetry modem or an interface with true optical isolation for amateur radio or even professional data use, David can supply. I found the instructions simple to follow and the coupling together of the interface to rig extremely easy. Everything worked first time and has never let me down. The interface is presented in a very smart and unobtrusive chassis and I cannot speak highly enough of it. Look around and price similar types of equipment and what do you notice ? They all cost considerably more. I recently asked David to make up a cable loom for my old Icom 765. Yet again he and his staff excelled and the goods arrived in a very short space of time and, as always, worked first time. No issues, no problems. If you are looking for a digital interface, I very highly recommend you look at http://www.g3vfp.org/ and check out the digital interfaces web page. Well done David for your support to the amateur radio fraternity

G4IRN Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2007 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Refreshingly Easy  Time owned: more than 12 months
RTTY (FSK), AFSK, PSK31, voice keyer from my contest software (WinTest), VOX control... I've had this unit for a couple of years now; until I thought about it I didn't realise how integral it had become to my station. I've used it with FT857, FT1000,FT2000, K2 and its always worked fine. Thanks G3VFP !

G0VAX Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2006 02:48 Send this review to a friend
The One to go for!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having played around with digital modes on and off for quite a few years, I thought I'd get a properly built and finished off unit instead of playing with lashed together interfaces built by myself.
I had seen Dave's interfaces advertised, so thought I'd do some research.
Pound for pound Dave's interfaces stand out from the rest, well built, nicely finished, and, above all they really work a treat.
The manual supplied tells you everything you need to know, so really it is a plug and play unit.
Every unit is air tested personally by Dave, so you know, and Dave knows, that when you recieve it, it is garaunteed to work.
Leads to and from the Radio and PC are supplied, just got to tell Dave at the point of order which radio you are interfacing to.
A truly first class piece of equipment.

UA9CDC Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2004 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got one from G3VFP for my brother. The interface does everything - CW keying, PTT, CI-V and opto isolate audio in and out. All is in one nice and small box. It has been in operation for the last half year and proved to be very reliable. So I do not see why people by all those Rig Blasters and CT-17 when one can pay 3 times less for better product coming from skilled and experienced engineer.

G7FCC Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2003 13:42 Send this review to a friend
Fit and forget !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a neat little interface to isolate your rig from your computer. It arrived well packed with easy to read manual and all leads supplied and labelled. It was a doddle to connect up. There is an option to use either VOX or PTT via a Com port. Had to take off the lid to adjust Tx audio level but the board view in the manual showed which pot to tweak! Have used it on WinPSk & Hamscope with no problems. Well designed, well made & excellent value for money.
Dave G3VFP gave fast responce via e-mail to a couple of queries, so good support as well.

G4SJP Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2003 19:25 Send this review to a friend
Great value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It does what it claims to do on the website! A truly versatile bit of kit. I use it with MixW and also have G3VFP's CI-V computer control kit for my Icom 7400 (746PRO)- and that's a whole lot cheaper than Icom's. The OPTO-IFMKII is so versatile that it should work with all soundcard software, and the inbuilt vox hardware means that you don't have to worry about getting the rig to switch to TX automatically.
G3VFP's service is fantastic, and it really is a tailor-made product which works!