Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Signature Edition Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Signature Edition
Begali Signature Edition Reviews: 99 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $330 + $9.50 s/h
Description: The flagship of the Begali line of magnetic paddles. It combines the ultimate in component quality and workmanship for unparalleled performance.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Signature Edition.

KI5IO Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2014 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Extraordinary Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was just able to add a Begali Signature key to my roster of straight & paddles. I have had a Begali Simplex for many years and really like that key.

The new Begali Signature is almost beyond description. It is smooth and is an absolute dream to operate.

Piero & Bruna are simply fantastic to work with.

If you ever consider a Begali key the Signautre is one I would not hesitate one moment to order.

You will have it at your station forever. It is simply an exquisite work of art and function.

Nolan Kienitz
KI5IO
Plano, TX

K3GC Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2014 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just getting back into CW after a hiatus. I wanted to save money so I got a Kent single paddle. BIG mistake. If you want to know about that read my review.
This is about the Begali Signature. Its is quite simply amazing. Where the other key had me stumbling and fumbling and feeling generally incompetent the Begali Signature seems to send by itself. Code just floats out of it and the paddles are smooth as butter and I haven't even touched an adjustment yet.
To say that it exceeds expectations would be a gross understatement. Guys, you hit the ball out of the park with this one. I rate this one a solid ten.

VE2ENB Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Signature gold contacts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I been practicing CW for 40 years with Vibroplex paddles. When I was able to work QRQ up to 60 WPM after many modifications on my 2 Vibroplex paddles with relocation of the springs on one, halfway to the pivots and the other with 2 magnets to replace the springs and gold contact on both,they worked pretty well. The one with magnets was better. But the problems with Vibroplex Iambic paddles are the too long levers and mainly the set screw to lock the adjusting screw.Not the best idea. And I added bypass wires on both to cancel the conductivity by the springs another not so good idea.
The pivots could not stay adjusted near 0 clearance for QRQ,and I was tired to live with extra dots. So I bought a Begali Signature with gold contacts and all my problems are now gone. After 35 years of modifications they both are standing on a shelf. But I put the red Vibroplex fingers on the Begali.Thanks M.Begali, your paddle is a precision instrument. No more extra dots on my sending. 73 Gil VE2ENB (PS. I tried a few times to give my ideas to the previous Vibroplex owner, but had no answer. Too bad.)

WB2KSP Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2013 08:25 Send this review to a friend
I wish I had purchased this paddle years ago  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This Signature is magnificent, both in operation and visually as well. My experience in dealing with the Begali Company has been one which I wish I could duplicate over and over. The Signature is as close to CW perfection as I have ever experienced and Iíve been licensed and operating CW since the mid 1970ís. The responsiveness from this paddle is something I have never felt before in any other iambic paddle. For the past 30 plus years Iíve been using a Bencher BY-2 and it is very good but the difference between the two is night and day. Using the Signature allows one to feel accuracy unachievable with lesser paddles.

Two comments Iíve read from others tell the whole story. To paraphrase; while the Bencher is like driving a Honda , the Bengali is like driving a Lamborghini & any mistakes in sending now are totally my own and not the result of a lesser paddle. I canít see how the Signature could be improved upon and for a handmade item the price was very reasonable.

One final thought I must express. Every company could use an employee like Bruna Begali. She goes above and beyond to make the customer feel special and appreciated. We exchanged many e-mails between order and delivery and every question I had was quickly and properly answered. I canít suggest that this is to be expected but my Signature arrived in the US the day after it was shipped & would have made it to my QTH that afternoon had the shippers delivery truck not broken down. The Signature arrived the following day and the Begali quality was noted not only in the packaging but in the fact that a personal QSL/note was included with my order. If you enjoy CW and want the best, buy Begali. Itíll be a positive experience that will keep coming back every time you use then key. Thereís a picture of my new Signature key on my QRZ page (http://www.qrz.com/db/WB2KSP).

OZ1LQO Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2013 02:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I already have the Simplex, hard to believe anything could outperform that one, but the Signature sure does! Got mine (S/N 0702) in December 2012 and the quality, the looks, and most important, the feel, beats anything I've ever tried! I fear I'll never buy another key again :-)
Excellent performance, service and shipment was a breeze, just like when I ordered the Simplex years back.

Highly recommended

AB6OJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2013 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Very Eeasy going  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First of all, I was making choice between several models. Asked to Begali for the comparison among them. After a very detail(not on the webs.) explanations from the Begali, I chose this.
The main body arrived from US first, I couldn't wait t'll the accessary arrive from Italy. So I maid myself all the necessary's.
The touch was very quick and soft. I didn't adjust any. It was already there. After a week or so, just turned in the spring adjustments 1 turns. the body is heavy enough for standing against the finger force. Never shake.
I really thank of the kindness of answering so many questions each time. But I received a reply of every e-mails.
It has been a month now to use this Signature. My version is gold color.

W4EY Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2012 16:44 Send this review to a friend
Bengali Signature Gold  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Begali Signature last month. Less than a week between order and delivery, packaging very good and communication with Begali very easy. I appreciate the look of this key. It is very simple and easy to adjust magnets. It's a great pleasure to use this key.

KC7YRA Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2012 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Wow  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought mine from Piero himself at Dayton 2012. I have used and still do retain a number of paddles. Each have their own intricacies and nuances that make them special.

The magnetic action of the Begali coupled with the amazing craftsmanship are what MAKE this paddle. I absolutely love it. From the fit and finish to the feel of the parts as you hold it in your hand.

What sold me was the fact that Piero spent almost an hour with me. As thousands and thousands of potential customers swarmed his booth, he took his time to answer my questions and let me test a paddle fully. I set mine up so dah is on the left, dit on the right. All of the paddles were setup opposite of this and I was struggling to feel like I was getting a good test in.

Piero re-wired a demo key and set me up. I was floored at the attention he paid to me. Coupled with the absolute perfection of this key, I was sold. I now have the key at home and adjusted for me. I have been chasing the DX at high speed with nary a problem. It is as smooth as glass in function and appearance.

I would easily give this a 10 out of 5 if I could. It truly is the top of the top.

KA2Z Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2012 21:50 Send this review to a friend
#0710 Signature  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The craftsmanship and quality of this product is superb.
I got mine with the gold contacts.
I love the aluminum finger pieces! They look and feel great. I like being able to inter change colors and lengths. I think I like the shorter length best.
Because it uses magnets instead of springs the contact spacing is very close. In fact I have mine adjusted so there is really no movement of the paddle seen or felt. I just touch the paddle and it contacts. At first I was not sure I would like this, having mostly used bugs, and straight keys, I am used to a little heavy hand movement. But I quickly got the "feel" of it.
I can effortlessly send clean code at blistering speed for DX chasing or slow down to rag chew speeds. It almost feels like an extension of my hand.
In fact I can honestly say in more than thirty years of working CW in the military and as a ham I have never experienced anything like this.

F1BZF Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2011 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Fine item  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my 3rd key from Begali (Simplex & Traveler). Same top quality and high level for this #731.
Service is friendly and great support from Bruna.