Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Signature Edition Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Signature Edition
Begali Signature Edition Reviews: 102 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $330 + $9.50 s/h
Description: The flagship of the Begali line of magnetic paddles. It combines the ultimate in component quality and workmanship for unparalleled performance.

You can write your own review of the Begali Signature Edition.

VA3JK Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2016 07:39 Send this review to a friend
GREAT KEY FOR THE SERIOUS CW OP!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had the great fortune of buying this key on a local swaps shop for a very attractive price- have never seen a Begali key for sale so I jumped at the opportunity. This is a big improvement over the Bencher black keyer I have been using. You can precisely adjust the physical force required to manipulate the paddles, as well the spacing. I find it was very easy to adapt to the Begali Signature key. It has a much more heavy base, thus avoiding any movement of the base- not so with the Bencher. As someone who has used Morse Code even since I was licensed over 35 years now, using this key at high speeds is very fluid and making mistakes is greatly diminished. 40 WPM and higher speeds are very easy to achieve with accuracy. I would HIGHLY recommend this key to any serious morse code operator. It is probably the last key I will have( unless I upgrade to one of the higher priced models.) It is a work of technical art, and a real joy to use.
Mille grazie Pietro!
John, VA3JK
W4ESS Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2015 14:19 Send this review to a friend
Incomparable!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is a rare occasion when form, function, & beauty
are seen together. (1) Women (2) The Begali Signature key. Pietro, Bruna,
Thank you for a masterpiece !
K0ITC Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2015 21:38 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Key!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having been a CW op for nearly 40 years, and a collector of keys, I finally purchased a Begali upon the XYL's insistence! I am VERY pleased with the product and the service from Bruna Begali. She advised me that they would not be able to ship until back home from Dayton, however if there was a Signature left, she would ship from there. The Friday after Dayton came and so did my Signature, mailed from Ohio. It is definitely the "Ferrari" of paddles. Extremely well made and easy to adjust - it is now my key of choice! Bruna shipped extra finger pieces and a cord after arriving back home and these arrived in good time. Buy a Begali!!!! The XYL is advising me I need another one! That's how good they are! You cannot ask for better customer service from Bruna either.
KI5IO Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2014 12:51 Send this review to a friend
Extraordinary Key  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was just able to add a Begali Signature key to my roster of straight & paddles. I have had a Begali Simplex for many years and really like that key.

The new Begali Signature is almost beyond description. It is smooth and is an absolute dream to operate.

Piero & Bruna are simply fantastic to work with.

If you ever consider a Begali key the Signautre is one I would not hesitate one moment to order.

You will have it at your station forever. It is simply an exquisite work of art and function.

Nolan Kienitz
Plano, TX
K3GC Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2014 12:32 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely Amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just getting back into CW after a hiatus. I wanted to save money so I got a Kent single paddle. BIG mistake. If you want to know about that read my review.
This is about the Begali Signature. Its is quite simply amazing. Where the other key had me stumbling and fumbling and feeling generally incompetent the Begali Signature seems to send by itself. Code just floats out of it and the paddles are smooth as butter and I haven't even touched an adjustment yet.
To say that it exceeds expectations would be a gross understatement. Guys, you hit the ball out of the park with this one. I rate this one a solid ten.
VE2ENB Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Signature gold contacts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I been practicing CW for 40 years with Vibroplex paddles. When I was able to work QRQ up to 60 WPM after many modifications on my 2 Vibroplex paddles with relocation of the springs on one, halfway to the pivots and the other with 2 magnets to replace the springs and gold contact on both,they worked pretty well. The one with magnets was better. But the problems with Vibroplex Iambic paddles are the too long levers and mainly the set screw to lock the adjusting screw.Not the best idea. And I added bypass wires on both to cancel the conductivity by the springs another not so good idea.
The pivots could not stay adjusted near 0 clearance for QRQ,and I was tired to live with extra dots. So I bought a Begali Signature with gold contacts and all my problems are now gone. After 35 years of modifications they both are standing on a shelf. But I put the red Vibroplex fingers on the Begali.Thanks M.Begali, your paddle is a precision instrument. No more extra dots on my sending. 73 Gil VE2ENB (PS. I tried a few times to give my ideas to the previous Vibroplex owner, but had no answer. Too bad.)
WB2KSP Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2013 08:25 Send this review to a friend
I wish I had purchased this paddle years ago  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This Signature is magnificent, both in operation and visually as well. My experience in dealing with the Begali Company has been one which I wish I could duplicate over and over. The Signature is as close to CW perfection as I have ever experienced and Iíve been licensed and operating CW since the mid 1970ís. The responsiveness from this paddle is something I have never felt before in any other iambic paddle. For the past 30 plus years Iíve been using a Bencher BY-2 and it is very good but the difference between the two is night and day. Using the Signature allows one to feel accuracy unachievable with lesser paddles.

Two comments Iíve read from others tell the whole story. To paraphrase; while the Bencher is like driving a Honda , the Bengali is like driving a Lamborghini & any mistakes in sending now are totally my own and not the result of a lesser paddle. I canít see how the Signature could be improved upon and for a handmade item the price was very reasonable.

One final thought I must express. Every company could use an employee like Bruna Begali. She goes above and beyond to make the customer feel special and appreciated. We exchanged many e-mails between order and delivery and every question I had was quickly and properly answered. I canít suggest that this is to be expected but my Signature arrived in the US the day after it was shipped & would have made it to my QTH that afternoon had the shippers delivery truck not broken down. The Signature arrived the following day and the Begali quality was noted not only in the packaging but in the fact that a personal QSL/note was included with my order. If you enjoy CW and want the best, buy Begali. Itíll be a positive experience that will keep coming back every time you use then key. Thereís a picture of my new Signature key on my QRZ page (
OZ1LQO Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2013 02:42 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I already have the Simplex, hard to believe anything could outperform that one, but the Signature sure does! Got mine (S/N 0702) in December 2012 and the quality, the looks, and most important, the feel, beats anything I've ever tried! I fear I'll never buy another key again :-)
Excellent performance, service and shipment was a breeze, just like when I ordered the Simplex years back.

Highly recommended

AB6OJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2013 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Very Eeasy going  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First of all, I was making choice between several models. Asked to Begali for the comparison among them. After a very detail(not on the webs.) explanations from the Begali, I chose this.
The main body arrived from US first, I couldn't wait t'll the accessary arrive from Italy. So I maid myself all the necessary's.
The touch was very quick and soft. I didn't adjust any. It was already there. After a week or so, just turned in the spring adjustments 1 turns. the body is heavy enough for standing against the finger force. Never shake.
I really thank of the kindness of answering so many questions each time. But I received a reply of every e-mails.
It has been a month now to use this Signature. My version is gold color.

W4EY Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2012 16:44 Send this review to a friend
Bengali Signature Gold  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Begali Signature last month. Less than a week between order and delivery, packaging very good and communication with Begali very easy. I appreciate the look of this key. It is very simple and easy to adjust magnets. It's a great pleasure to use this key.