Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Signature Edition Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Signature Edition
Begali Signature Edition Reviews: 102 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $330 + $9.50 s/h
Description: The flagship of the Begali line of magnetic paddles. It combines the ultimate in component quality and workmanship for unparalleled performance.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Signature Edition.

KC7YRA Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2012 21:39 Send this review to a friend
Wow  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought mine from Piero himself at Dayton 2012. I have used and still do retain a number of paddles. Each have their own intricacies and nuances that make them special.

The magnetic action of the Begali coupled with the amazing craftsmanship are what MAKE this paddle. I absolutely love it. From the fit and finish to the feel of the parts as you hold it in your hand.

What sold me was the fact that Piero spent almost an hour with me. As thousands and thousands of potential customers swarmed his booth, he took his time to answer my questions and let me test a paddle fully. I set mine up so dah is on the left, dit on the right. All of the paddles were setup opposite of this and I was struggling to feel like I was getting a good test in.

Piero re-wired a demo key and set me up. I was floored at the attention he paid to me. Coupled with the absolute perfection of this key, I was sold. I now have the key at home and adjusted for me. I have been chasing the DX at high speed with nary a problem. It is as smooth as glass in function and appearance.

I would easily give this a 10 out of 5 if I could. It truly is the top of the top.

KA2Z Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2012 21:50 Send this review to a friend
#0710 Signature  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The craftsmanship and quality of this product is superb.
I got mine with the gold contacts.
I love the aluminum finger pieces! They look and feel great. I like being able to inter change colors and lengths. I think I like the shorter length best.
Because it uses magnets instead of springs the contact spacing is very close. In fact I have mine adjusted so there is really no movement of the paddle seen or felt. I just touch the paddle and it contacts. At first I was not sure I would like this, having mostly used bugs, and straight keys, I am used to a little heavy hand movement. But I quickly got the "feel" of it.
I can effortlessly send clean code at blistering speed for DX chasing or slow down to rag chew speeds. It almost feels like an extension of my hand.
In fact I can honestly say in more than thirty years of working CW in the military and as a ham I have never experienced anything like this.

F1BZF Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2011 08:34 Send this review to a friend
Fine item  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my 3rd key from Begali (Simplex & Traveler). Same top quality and high level for this #731.
Service is friendly and great support from Bruna.

VK5SA Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2011 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Stunning!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used quite a few paddles, and had come to consider the Bencher BY-1 as the best (bought my first Bencher around 30 years ago), until I bought the Begali.
It has, without a doubt, the smoothest action of any paddle that I have used, and refuses to go out of adjustment.
I find the shorter aluminium finger pieces give a better grip and feel than the longer plastic ones.
I can't see me buying another paddle, unless it is another Begali.

AJ9C Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2011 04:13 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Begali Simplex and received the Signature as an unexpected gift. I thought it would be hard to be better than the Simplex but the signature does it. Very simple to use, smooth with very fine adjustments. The Simplex is a 10 in my book the Signature is off the chart. Thanks Begali and thank you Bub for the gift.

IW1DFU Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2011 01:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent in all  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After several years of CW activity I decided to buy a new paddle. I known Begali quality and so I decided to contact him. After a phone call it was immediatly clear the passion that I2RTF put in this activity. It was a big pleasure to speak with Pietro and Bruna for every detail of the order. It seams to order a Ferrari... And it is!
After few days the key was here and I was very pleased to discover the amazing care putted in each detail and in the costruction.
Afeter 5 minute I was on air and WOW!! this key is a dream. No way: if you love CW this is the best key tha you can have on your desk.
Few words about Bruna : she is kind and the way that she has to take care of their customers is friendly, nice and excellent.
I wonder why I waited so long to get a Begali on my desk.

F9DK Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2010 00:40 Send this review to a friend
Great key  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased a Begali Signature a few months ago. Less than a week between order and delivery, packaging very good and communication with Begali very easy. I appreciate the look of this key. It is very simple tu adjust magnets. It's a great pleasure to use this key.

4X1FC Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 20:15 Send this review to a friend
SMOOTH PURCHASING AND SPECIALLY GOOD FOR HIGH SPEEDERS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
4X1FC On purchasing the Begali "Contour" model, the first words goes to prize the care, attention and commitment both to the purchaser and the product by the Begali family. It starts at the ordering phase by meticulously investigating your needs and preferences, and continue by offering the availability of any option that may be realized at the workshop (e.g. engraving, fingerpieces shapes and colors or else.). On it goes, with the flexibility offered for payment and delivery route. All these are escorted by prompt e-mails up to the day after the delivery. Also it is to be mentioned that in the parcel you will find some extra useful items.
As for the paddle itself, the shortest description, would be: - "plug and play". But there is more to it. After 4 careers of professional radio operation, demanding the use of Morse code, and some 40 years of collecting and using the innovations of Morse code sending devices and modes, , it became obvious that this iambic paddle is unique. Just after the first two, on the air contacts, I noted the simplicity and smoothness of adjustments. Above all, it does not call for practicing, if you are not new to the use of magnets instead of springs. I would like to make, apparently, an irrelevant comment; Begali put so much creativity in fashioning and shaping the look, that first: - it attracts you to use the Begali one, among others. Secondly:- When you have the Begali on the operating desk, you will note it has its own "charisma", and will not "tolerate" other devices around or close to it.

N5DRB Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful Paddle Superb Action  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned the signature Edition for 10 months now and I am very satisfied with it's feel and action. I am impressed with the high degree of precision that goes into the manufacturing of these paddles. The finish is palladium on my set. Take special care to clean the palladium finish with the polishing cloth provided, use a light gun oil on this type finish like you would on a gun. Harsher polishing agents like simichrome polish and such could damage the finish. This would also be true of the gold plated models. Hats Off to Pietro and Bruna for their excellent service and dedication to their customers. They are definitely a class act. If you do not yet own a Begali,
GET ONE !!

W7VS Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2010 13:24 Send this review to a friend
Worth Every Cent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my key for a few years and was thinking today about what a pleasure it is to send with this key (and what a pain some other popular keys were) - Begali deserves an attaboy. Just read the reviews: excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail, delicious action and Begali doesn't forget you after the sale. After a year or so I cracked my dust cover and received a new one without any hassle following a simple email request - no charge. These keys aren't inexpensive, but they're worth every penny. Plus Begali remembers me every Christmas. 82)
Thanks, Begali!