Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Signature Edition Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Signature Edition
Begali Signature Edition Reviews: 99 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $330 + $9.50 s/h
Description: The flagship of the Begali line of magnetic paddles. It combines the ultimate in component quality and workmanship for unparalleled performance.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Signature Edition.

VK5SA Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2011 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Stunning!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used quite a few paddles, and had come to consider the Bencher BY-1 as the best (bought my first Bencher around 30 years ago), until I bought the Begali.
It has, without a doubt, the smoothest action of any paddle that I have used, and refuses to go out of adjustment.
I find the shorter aluminium finger pieces give a better grip and feel than the longer plastic ones.
I can't see me buying another paddle, unless it is another Begali.

AJ9C Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2011 04:13 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have a Begali Simplex and received the Signature as an unexpected gift. I thought it would be hard to be better than the Simplex but the signature does it. Very simple to use, smooth with very fine adjustments. The Simplex is a 10 in my book the Signature is off the chart. Thanks Begali and thank you Bub for the gift.

IW1DFU Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2011 01:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent in all  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After several years of CW activity I decided to buy a new paddle. I known Begali quality and so I decided to contact him. After a phone call it was immediatly clear the passion that I2RTF put in this activity. It was a big pleasure to speak with Pietro and Bruna for every detail of the order. It seams to order a Ferrari... And it is!
After few days the key was here and I was very pleased to discover the amazing care putted in each detail and in the costruction.
Afeter 5 minute I was on air and WOW!! this key is a dream. No way: if you love CW this is the best key tha you can have on your desk.
Few words about Bruna : she is kind and the way that she has to take care of their customers is friendly, nice and excellent.
I wonder why I waited so long to get a Begali on my desk.

F9DK Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2010 00:40 Send this review to a friend
Great key  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased a Begali Signature a few months ago. Less than a week between order and delivery, packaging very good and communication with Begali very easy. I appreciate the look of this key. It is very simple tu adjust magnets. It's a great pleasure to use this key.

4X1FC Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 20:15 Send this review to a friend
SMOOTH PURCHASING AND SPECIALLY GOOD FOR HIGH SPEEDERS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
4X1FC On purchasing the Begali "Contour" model, the first words goes to prize the care, attention and commitment both to the purchaser and the product by the Begali family. It starts at the ordering phase by meticulously investigating your needs and preferences, and continue by offering the availability of any option that may be realized at the workshop (e.g. engraving, fingerpieces shapes and colors or else.). On it goes, with the flexibility offered for payment and delivery route. All these are escorted by prompt e-mails up to the day after the delivery. Also it is to be mentioned that in the parcel you will find some extra useful items.
As for the paddle itself, the shortest description, would be: - "plug and play". But there is more to it. After 4 careers of professional radio operation, demanding the use of Morse code, and some 40 years of collecting and using the innovations of Morse code sending devices and modes, , it became obvious that this iambic paddle is unique. Just after the first two, on the air contacts, I noted the simplicity and smoothness of adjustments. Above all, it does not call for practicing, if you are not new to the use of magnets instead of springs. I would like to make, apparently, an irrelevant comment; Begali put so much creativity in fashioning and shaping the look, that first: - it attracts you to use the Begali one, among others. Secondly:- When you have the Begali on the operating desk, you will note it has its own "charisma", and will not "tolerate" other devices around or close to it.

N5DRB Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2010 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful Paddle Superb Action  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have owned the signature Edition for 10 months now and I am very satisfied with it's feel and action. I am impressed with the high degree of precision that goes into the manufacturing of these paddles. The finish is palladium on my set. Take special care to clean the palladium finish with the polishing cloth provided, use a light gun oil on this type finish like you would on a gun. Harsher polishing agents like simichrome polish and such could damage the finish. This would also be true of the gold plated models. Hats Off to Pietro and Bruna for their excellent service and dedication to their customers. They are definitely a class act. If you do not yet own a Begali,
GET ONE !!

W7VS Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2010 13:24 Send this review to a friend
Worth Every Cent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my key for a few years and was thinking today about what a pleasure it is to send with this key (and what a pain some other popular keys were) - Begali deserves an attaboy. Just read the reviews: excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail, delicious action and Begali doesn't forget you after the sale. After a year or so I cracked my dust cover and received a new one without any hassle following a simple email request - no charge. These keys aren't inexpensive, but they're worth every penny. Plus Begali remembers me every Christmas. 82)
Thanks, Begali!

K4LJA Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2010 08:37 Send this review to a friend
A true "5"  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned serial number seven (7) for many years now. As others says -- it's great. I'm not very good at sending cw -- even tho' I work only cw on HF using a Jupiter and other Ten Tec rigs; TS-940SAT, TS-50 etc. And -- they're great, too. I put a piece of rubberized shelf liner under all my paddles and -- they don't walk. I also use a March R3a, Kent TP-1, K8RA and others. But -- there's some magical about the Begali. If you enjoy cw .. get a Begali Signature Edition .. try it .. and keep it. We all did. Randy, K4LJA in Monroe, Louisiana. Geaux Saints!

ZS2DL Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2010 04:45 Send this review to a friend
The "Ferrari"of CW Keys!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I thought I was getting a good key when I replaced my trusty old MFJ Paddle with a Bencher...Well.
If the MFJ is the "VW" of Keys then the Bencher is the "BMW" of Keys. However there is a totally different class of Key....its the Begali... Heavy, fantastically well constructed, yet light to my heavy touch. The people at Begali also make you feel better about spending a fortune on a morse key, by being friendly, very effiecent. And the attention to detail, from the key itself to the spare paddles and embroidered dust cloth and Serial card.
A minor thing is I am rather heavy on a key and you need to use a rubber mat or something under the key on the desk or it tends to move around a bit...but I did say I was hard on a key, So not convinced that that is not my fault. I will play with it a bit more and may add to this review about the moving issue once I have determined if it is me or the key causing the issue.
So currently my short opinion- Expensive but worth every cent.
Donovan
ZS2DL
"CW Lives"

KB2FCV Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2009 22:17 Send this review to a friend
If you looked up Perfection in a dictionary, you'd see Begali  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had a Bencher BY-1 almost 20 years as well as several Vibroplex keys. I decided to treat myself on the Begali Signature with the Palladium base and gold contacts a week or so ago. This key caught my eye a few years ago and always talked myself out of making the purchase for one reason or another.

It just arrived and what can I say? This is a work of art and feels like a dream. It's not 'soft' like my Bencher is. It is responsive and I love the very fine adjustments. This key can be adjusted for someone with the lightest touch or someone with a somewhat heavy hand. I'm somewhere in the middle and found it very comfortable and easy to get used to.

While the feel and the mechanics of it are perfect, the look and design are even better. The dark, smokey yet shiny palladium base is gorgeous and the gold top and posts really stand out beautifully against the base. I chose blue long finger pieces and red short ones. The blue long pieces feel and look magnificent. This is one key I will have for a very long time.

I almost forgot to mention, Bruna was a pleasure to deal with. She was fast on email responses and very helpful with any questions I had. The key was packaged very well, it took me 20 minutes just to get to the box containing the key! It was very generous of Begali to ship the two sets of aluminum finger pieces in addition to the black pastic finger pieces. Begali did a great job.. who knows, perhaps there will me more to add to my collection down the road.