Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Signature Edition Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Signature Edition
Begali Signature Edition Reviews: 99 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $330 + $9.50 s/h
Description: The flagship of the Begali line of magnetic paddles. It combines the ultimate in component quality and workmanship for unparalleled performance.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Signature Edition.

EA2CTB Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2009 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Simply Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Before I bought mine I wondered how a product with almost 80 reviews could have an average rating of 5.0
Now, afer 1 month adn once I got used to the key, it is clear to me. Everything has been said about Begali keys and specifically about the Signature edition, but Begali family deserves it to be confirmed one more time. Perfect product, perfect service, and I got a solid, reliable, precise and beautiful key.
I see a high difference with my previous key, specially when I want to go up to 25 wpm or higher.
High price but be sure you get a high class product.
Regards

N5KY Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2009 13:43 Send this review to a friend
perfect in every detail  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Serial # 543 is a flawless precision instrument that exceeds my expectations. The appearance of the key with the palladium finish and the red finger pieces is stunning for sure. The feel
of the key is like no other I have used before,
and I have tried many.
It is incredibly smooth to operate and the range
and precision of the adjustments are top notch. I prefer the leverage and feel of the short aluminum finger pieces....aluminum has less of a slippery feel as compared to plastic.
I tip my hat to Mr. Begali, I doubt anyone can
produce a finer key than the Signature.
This was money well spent.
Thanks for a top of the line product.

K6GAK Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2009 10:58 Send this review to a friend
IF ONLY THE BEST WILL DO...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently upgraded from a Begali Simplex Mono and can only wish that my CW skills were equal to this paddle. It was expensive, but worth every dollar. Everything has already been said about Begali products and they more than live up their reputation. But I want to emphasize again what a great pleasure it is to work with Bruna Begali. She makes an ordinary experience special and is a big reason for their success. Order with complete confidence -- you'll be sorry you didn't do it sooner.

VE3OIJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2009 08:41 Send this review to a friend
Awesome so far.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to put some effort into my flagging CW skills this year, and to kick that effort off, I bought this key (palladium base, gold contacts). It arrived promptly (sr. no. 540). Communication with the Begalis was excellent. The packaging was bulletproof :)

My previous key was an MFJ 546. Upgrading from that to this was like changing a horse and buggy for a Ferrari. The old key required constant fiddling to keep the way I liked it. The Begali key took only a few minutes to set up and stays put.

In both setup and operation, it looks and feels like precision equipment. I'd say it is money very well spent.

K6JPA Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2008 21:31 Send this review to a friend
Wouldn't Expect Anything Less...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is my 5th Begali key, and the first one purchased used. As with all the others (three Graciella's of various forms and a Sculpture), this key is a work of art. The key's action is quite precise and it is built to a standard few other high end manufacturers can match. In it's price range, I don't think you'll find a nicer key, and I know I'll never have a problem with customer support if ever needed, as the Begali family is truly a pleasure to deal with.

IZ1ANU Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2008 09:02 Send this review to a friend
VERY NICE.....!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Begali SIGNATURE GOLD EDITION first used a Bencher a difference and 'the huge begali and' absolutely accurate, and built as a true work of art .... fantastic Thanks Piero and Bruna Begali excellent job, and Bruna 'was always very friendly and precise in responding to the many e-mail to all council ........ buying a Paddle Begali SIGNATURE ...!!

F5NZY Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2008 10:43 Send this review to a friend
The Stradivarius of keys...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thanks to Bruna (I2RTF's daughter), I received my Begali Signature Edition a few days before my birthday.

Many thanks Bruna, it was a real pleasure to deal with you.

The Signature Edition is a master piece of Engineering. The key is so smooth and precise that it is like a Ferrari for QRQ!

You're an Artist, Mr Begali...

You are giving us a lot of pleasure to use such a key for our beloved CW.

5+++

73' de Steph, F5NZY

K8XF Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2008 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Superb paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the Signature paddle at the end of December 2007, S/Nbr 421. Its difficult to add any more superlatives to this wonderful paddle. I am sure that many hams would not consider paying the expensive price for quality. However those ops that enjoy a fine paddle will see the wisdom in spending a few extra Dollars for superb quality. One thing that is not discussed in many of the reviews is the finger pieces. Bruna will give you some short and long finger pieces made of Aluminum and plastic. I prefer the long aluminum ones without the holes in the end. I never knew that plastic finger pieces have such a slippery oily feeling until I tried the aluminum ones. Also, the aluminum ones have a cool temperature feeling. Thats an added bonus. I have a paddle collection of over a dozen paddles and this Begali key is the top banana. Its worth the expense. This is from a cw opr that has an original N2DAN Mercury paddle.
To be fair both are great paddles. But I think the Begali might have a slight edge.....Sorry Steve Nurkiewicz, I can hear his bones spinning now....SK since 1998.....

PS- I got the paddle with a palladium plated base and a golden plated block. What a great combo.....

Mike, K8XF
Viva CW

G4VEC Rating: 5/5 Mar 9, 2008 08:48 Send this review to a friend
A masterpiece of engineering, Great to use.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered my Begali Signature Key with Palladium base and gold contacts on the 30th.January, and received it on the 18th.February, serial number 0440,which was far better delivery then anticipated.As mentioned by numerous others, the packaging could not be faulted.I chose the Signature after much consideration because I liked the magnetic action having got the Vibroplex Brass Key Racer, which I preferred over my MFJ/Bencher paddle, and have used both for over 20-years.However, one look at the Signature left these keys well and truly in the shade.It is engineering at its very best.I 'played around' with a number of gap settings and paddle lengths and now find that the long anodized paddles with a contact space of 0.2mm with a light magnetic tension suits me fine. This key has brought the fun back into cw and a smile to my face which is praise indeed, as cw has never been my favourite mode,but this is now changing.My thanks to Bruna for her prompt replies to my emails, and keeping me informed as to shipment/delivery.
73-88 Mike.

IS0GQX Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2008 10:28 Send this review to a friend
Great!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've received my Begali Signature no. 427 on Monday 18. It has started playing with a wonderful sound, just after some tests made with little adjustments of the big four handly screws. The contact made by the touch of the paddle, is accompanied in his movement by the magnet, making the manipulation more easy and precise. Thanks a lot Piero (I2RTF) for the great work, your seriousness and attention to the details in the construction of the paddle. I'm really glad to communicate my apprechiation for the Bruna's kindness, in answering my many e-mail with patience, speed and completeness. She also made pleasant buying the KEY.
I suggest you to try a BEGALI KEY.
73, Bruno (IS0GQX)