Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Array Solutions Stack Match II Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions Stack Match II
Array Solutions Stack Match II Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $220
Description: Antenna Switch for 2 high stacked arrays
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions Stack Match II.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2014 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Phased Vertical Arrays  Time owned: more than 12 months
I like the Array Solutions StackMatch II's so much, I've purchased for my 40M 2L vertical array (Christman Feed) and another for 30M - also a Christman Feed).

After tuning each vertical, the SWR is flat on both arrays - in the A, B and "Both" directions, and I am seeing 4 dB gain - endfire, 3 dB broadside with 18 dB F/B. This is surely close enough to a 2 element yagi - but I did not have the tower to put 40 and 30M yagis up - so I couldn't be more pleased.

I also have the AS K9AY Loop SYstem - and it has been fantastic.

Lots of "Blue Boxes" in my shack!

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2013 05:54 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using this swich with a stack of 2 element 17M yagis for 6 months.

It has been flawless and I have learned so much about the affect of antenna height, phasing, and paths which favor one or the other or both.

I'm going to just use the top yagi from now on, and will re-purpose the switch and add in an Array Solutions Phaser for a 40 M wire "flip Moxon".

Great people at Array Solutions - always a pleasure doing business with them.

AK6ZZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 7, 2012 11:50 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the stack match 2 a couple months back for 6m operations for my two 6M7JHV M2 6m antennas. At first I had the antennas about nine feet apart and had nothing but trouble with SWR and no apparent improvement on either receive or transmit. I inquired the folks at Array Solutions on the minimal antenna separation distance I needed to achieve the results I was looking for and they recommended 18' at a minimum.

After a little reengineering and the purchase of a 22' mast I know have 15' of separation which isn't the 18' they recommended but as much as I could do with my situation and lo and behold, WOW! It works awesome! I get at least 1 db gain benefit on my signal reports doing A/B/C testing and my noise levels drop significantly and signals really become clear on 6m DX. I absolutely will swear by this product. It was one of the best additions to my shack in a long time. The noise reduction is marked at least 1.5 S units of noise decrease. I am so stoked with Array Solutions product. It will not be the last time I purchase a product from that company.

W5DV Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2003 11:02 Send this review to a friend
Innovative variation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WX0B recently released a new version of his tried and true Stack Match. The new version offers the ability to switch between antennas in a 2 high stack, instead of the 3 high combinations provided in the original Stack Match. This is a useful innovation for those whose towers will not permit the installation of a stack of 3 antennas.

The original Stack Match has a continuously rotating switch that selects the various combinations among 3 antennas. This may cause some confusion when using only 2 antennas, and certainly if one has only a 2 high stack, he is paying for unneeded capabilities.

The Stack Match II permits the user to select either the top antenna, or the bottom antenna, or both (the default). Switching is accomplished through a control box and 12 VDC.

Delivery was within only a few days of the order. When my first installation blew the LEDs, I e-mailed Jay that evening, and was astonished to receive his reply within 2 hours. He promised to send a new circuit board, which arrived promptly. The trouble turned out not to be any defect in the product, but a reversal of leads in the control cable (my mistake). The LEDs were fine - just a blown fuse. Jay's advice on trouble-shooting was extremely helpful.

Switching among the options causes little, if any, variation in VSWR on my C-19XRs. Construction is sturdy, and built to last. Even the U-bolt and nut is galvanized for weather protection.

At $ 220 the Stack Match II saves the buyer $ 50 over the original Stack Match. Thousands of the originals are in service at the QTHs of well-known DXers and Contesters. Now WX0B offers the same innovation and great support to those of us who can't use the full capabilities of the original product.