Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Cobra UltraLite Multiband Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Cobra UltraLite Multiband Antenna
Cobra UltraLite Multiband Antenna Reviews: 138 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description: A complete 10-160 wire antenna constructed to handle extreme weather
More info: http://www.k1jek.com

You can write your own review of the Cobra UltraLite Multiband Antenna.

N4QEX Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2017 13:41 Send this review to a friend
Four Plus Durable!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a Cobra UltraLite Multiband antenna I purchased new up at 60 feet for over 8 years. It works well and is easily the most durable dipole I've ever had. Easily a best buy for durability and at least as good as any other of similar length for performance! Highly recommend.

W3JRD Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2017 06:26 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the junior. It out performs my Hustler 6BTV and my G5RV. It is a great antenna. The customer service is unheard of these days. After experiencing a little issue during installation, I called the phone number listed on the instructions. This was around 5:30 ET on the Friday before Easter weekend. Two rings and the owner/maker answers the phone. He gladly provided some tips and encouraged me to call back if I had any problems. Most importantly, and like I said earlier, the antenna is superior to anything else I own. Highly recommend.

K3MAW Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2017 13:15 Send this review to a friend
Great general purpose antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this antenna after a friend recommended it. The difference was he has the JR and I have the SR. I really wanted something that would fit in my lot that would get me on 160 and would be easy to put up and maintain. In the three years or so the only problem with the antenna system was a broken dacron rope that caused one end to come down, this certainly was not the antenna's fault. I found that my tuner will find a match from 6m to 160m. I have DXCC phone and cw on several bands using 100w with this antenna from the east coast. I have been very pleased.

KC8HXO Rating: 4/5 Oct 3, 2016 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Great choice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used "Goop" to seal all connections, and it might even strengthen them somewhat. No issues in about 18 Months of Michigan weather. Performance as expected. It's a doublet. Nothing more. Don't expect miracles. It does allow me to use 160M occasionally, in the length of an 80M Dipole. I like it.

KC2RKR Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2016 15:36 Send this review to a friend
so far so good   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
just put up the senior today just have a few bands that are fighting me trying to tune but i like it easy to put up

K8CPA Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2015 12:36 Send this review to a friend
Still working 3 years later!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the senior version and It's been up now for 3 years.

It is still working just fine.

I highly recommend it.

W4SKB Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2015 10:22 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had the Cobra Ultra-Lite Senior up for several years now and it is the best antenna I have ever used. Other antennas compared against include an 80-meter full-wave loop at about 40 feet, 40-meter dipole at 35 feet, B&W TFD at 30 feet, trap vertical.

I highly recommend this antenna, just spend the extra money and get the senior model.

AB3ME Rating: 3/5 Jun 13, 2015 18:01 Send this review to a friend
not durable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had a cobra ultralight up at 50 feet at my new home for two years. It has worked wonderfully, except lately, I am not able to tune 75 meters at all. It tunes up just fine on all bands other than 75 and of course 160. I reasoned that because the other bands tune fine, there must be a bad crimp on the last leg of the wire on one or both ends. Took the whole thing down and re-crimped all wires with new terminals and checked all wires with my ohm meter and all was fine. Put it back up and still having the same problem. Spoke with Joe and he felt it might be the 450 ohm twin-lead..??? if so,a why does it tune up so easy and operate on all other bands but not 75M. This seems to have happened in the last few weeks. I suspect one side or both of that third leg has a broken or ready to break wire. Thus my summary of a NOT DURABLE antenna.
I like the antenna so much, I ordered full sized 160M version. Have a tower to put up with a TA33 so, will still need something for the lower frequencies. Wish this antenna was more durable, as it really works well when all things are good evidently. Thinking I will re manufacture the new 160M version...throw away that cheap three conductor rotor cable and replace it with some insulated 14GA THNN. this should cure this problem.

NC1T Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2015 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Works Great after 3 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just love the antenna and the customer service. Modest station and have 220 countries confirmed, DXCC on CW and mixed. Just got K1N Navassa Island. love it you can't go wrong.

AG7K Rating: 5/5 Jan 1, 2015 16:20 Send this review to a friend
Update #2 Still good after 7 years!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna (Ultralite SR) in 2007 for use as a temporary antenna. I tested it at 55 feet in a flat top configuration against resonant dipoles on 75 and 40, 15, and 20, a 260ft windom, and a handful of other antennas including the G5RV. Before I was done testing the Ultralite SR stayed and the others came down. Here we are in 2015 and the Ultralite SR is still up and used every day, 10-80meters including 60 meters. I have it running North-South at 55 feet flat top with only about 75 feet of 450 window line running into a DX Engineering 4:1 Balun. a 10 foot LMR 400 Jumper into the Palstar differential cap tuner. This setup handles 1.5 kw with no problems so far although I usually run 300- 900 if an amp is needed. I used to run the 450 ohm ladder line directly into the tuner but had a bit of rf in the shack, as well as tuning solutions were hard to get in some spots. The outside mounted 5k current balun solved these issues. The only other antenna I use here that works as well is a 240 nonresonant W7FG design fed with 600ohm ladder line that is up in an east -west flat top configuration at 55 feet. I have more room east west but north-south the 140 Ultralite SR fits perfectly!