Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Icom IC-27A/H Help

Reviews Summary for Icom IC-27A/H
Icom IC-27A/H Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $329.00
Description: Icom 2 meter mobile from mid to late 80s

You can write your own review of the Icom IC-27A/H.

PU3AKZ Rating: 5/5 May 18, 2005 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Good Radio !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use in my car since 1996 and never had any trouble with it. Good power, good reception and very small case. Just one issue, the display isn't too god to see in sunlight.

KE4WFD Rating: 4/5 May 5, 2005 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Good with one small quirk  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love this radio for it's simplicity and ruggedness.
It's doing packet duty right now in my shack. The only quirk is the disply washes out in sunlight when used as a mobile. Other than that it's a great radio.

N1UMJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2003 11:40 Send this review to a friend
Good little work horse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I got my Icom 27H on ebay over 2 years ago planning to use it in a camper. It was mobile all it's life and the camper thing didn't work out so it's been my mobile ever since. It's very easy to use, it's not a new radio so you don't have the CTCSS option but it does have a PL board in it so you can hit the repeaters with a PL. It will pick up distant repeaters once in a while you might not want to hear, but for $70 I couldn't complain about that I just turn the squelch up and that goes right away. I gave this radio a 5 for that, it's not a problem at all. The radio is very simple to use, receiver is very hot! I get good reports on it. It does have the voice modual so it will speak the frequency at the touch of a button and that's a huge + to me as well. The radio I have is quite banged up from about 18 years of beeign mobile but it works perfectly like new if not better. I notice a lot of newer radios have alternator wine on them but not this one. In fact, I bought a new mobile to replace it and just don't have it in me to replace such a good radio so the new radio is sitting in the closet now. In short, if you're looking for a good mobile that's easy to use, the Icom 27,37,47 series of mobiles is a series I'd highly recomend.