Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | Vectronics 1340 QRP transciever Kit Help

Reviews Summary for Vectronics 1340 QRP transciever Kit
Vectronics 1340 QRP transciever Kit Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: VXO controled 40 mtr 1.2 + watt CW transciever

You can write your own review of the Vectronics 1340 QRP transciever Kit.

W4UDX Rating: 0/5 Feb 28, 2004 22:53 Send this review to a friend
Vectronics (MFJ) Lousy service!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I will let this email I just sent to MFJ describe my experience with them:

Dear Sirs,
Just a word to let you know that I am very dissatisfied with the service and quality of my purchased. First, It was taking a long time to receive my order. I sent emails to inquire of the hold-up, and they went unanswered. Finally when I sent an email to cancel my order, I was told that it had already shipped. Well, that was only partially true.
Only half of my order was shipped, the other half was back-ordered (but I was not informed and was not aware of the fact until my partial order arrived). I had to wait two more weeks for the other half of my order, and when it finally arrived, I could not believe what I saw. Instead of the nicely finished cabinet with the grey plastic self-adhesive front and rear panels (like the other one), I found a HORRIBLY PAINTED CABINET AND CHEAP PAPER FRONT PANELS THAT LOOK LIKE THEY WERE MADE ON A LOW BUDGET LASER PRINTER!

I did not get what I paid for. And I am guessing that in order for MFJ TO MAKE IT RIGHT, I will probably be required to pay for return shipping for these inferior quality parts and wait another 2 weeks for some parts that match the first batch. This ugly stuff only belongs in a dumpster. Why should I have to pay shipping again?
I realize that my order was small potatoes compared to a high-end HF legal-limit amplifier. But if MFJ (Vectronics) can't get a small order right or send out poor quality kit cases, why in the world would I want to spend major dollars with your company?
Just letting your company know, if anybody there even cares.

Mark W4UDX

VE7LGT Rating: 4/5 Dec 21, 2003 22:39 Send this review to a friend
My first QRP transciever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just completed building the VEC 1340K . I was looking for a relativley simple kit to build . and this was about the only kit available through a Canadian dealer . There where only a couple minor problems First the 47 pkf multilayer capacitors (2) where actually Ceramic disks marked 47 K. secondly vectronics mistakenly shipped the kit with 2 length of #24 wire instead of 1 # 24 and 1 #22 wire . and also did not include the short piece of hook up wire needed for the secondary link winding . The kit went together relativley easy and worked as it should have in the manual . I was a surprise to find that I could not find any reviews on this kit on the internet . For $89.00 + tax and shipping CDN I would definetly recomend this as a first time kit .