Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FT-212RH Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-212RH
Yaesu FT-212RH Reviews: 9 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $YAESU FT-212RH
Description: 2 meter mobile

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-212RH.

N4KTZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2012 07:34 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio-Durable, Long Lasting!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had 2 of these purchased new when they first came out. Both of them are great radios. For budget minded hams who only need 2 meters, these will give you 45 or 5 watts of power, 20 memories and a priority channel! Built in PL encode/decode and the Yaesu CAT system. This allows connecting to computer. For a used price of $50-$70 bucks, this is well worth your first 2 meter rig, backup rig or emergency radio!

CT2FPE Rating: 4/5 Apr 24, 2008 14:53 Send this review to a friend
A good 2m  Time owned: more than 12 months
I´ve got my 212 on my QTH, a modest rig with some functions, good for packet and repeaters.

CT2IPG Rating: 3/5 Mar 13, 2008 15:07 Send this review to a friend
not bad at all  Time owned: more than 12 months
i had a 212rh about 2 years in my car and i didn't like it very much only for one reason...the receive was not good....low signals, fading and loss of signals at short distance was the problems i had...i toked the radio to the "mechanic" to connect it to a osciloscope tool and he said the values was normal for the receiving of the rig, so....i didn't like it very much....the modulation and the handle to use,i don't have nothing to tell about it, it's easy to program and use....i will give it a 3...

VK5LA Rating: 3/5 Oct 3, 2007 23:22 Send this review to a friend
Intermod...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not a bad rig, nice crisp audio.
Sold mine 'cause of intermod problems, probably the worst I have seen in all the 2M rigs that have graced the shack.
Had to replace the backlight globes but went for blue LED's instead with current limiting resistors - looked very cool!
Very easy to use, would be a keeper if you lived in a quiet RF area.

Andy - VK5LA

LU1DAW Rating: 5/5 Apr 1, 2007 14:30 Send this review to a friend
PERFECT!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
It is perfect, too selective, if you are 5 khz up or down, the radio turn off the busy sign... and thing´s like this, many. I realy recomend this radio. I have two and never have a kind of problem.
Perfect for me.
73´s
Rodrigo
LU1DAW

KC8YKU Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2005 23:20 Send this review to a friend
Good beginner's rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only been licensed for a year and an getting involved with ARES and Skywarn. This radio has great performance and is easy to use. Worth every penny of the $100 I spent for it from an SK's estate.

It is an older model, but it has stood the test of time.

N2DVM Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2005 14:11 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a nice little radio, Easy to program and setup. Simple and easy to use buttons. Just picked up a 2nd one and looking to get a 3rd. Gotta have one in each of my cars.

EB5AGV Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2004 01:55 Send this review to a friend
A great, dependable rig  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was my first buying of a new radio set, back in 1992. It has worked since then without any glitch and is still my main VHF FM transceiver, despite owning and operating lots of rigs. To probe its toughness, one time my power supply went wrong, putting no less than 30V on the poor 212!. It took it and survived.
I have lately paired it with the FT712RH (70cm) and hope to locate someday an FT912RH (1.2GHz unit)
73 JOSE - EB5AGV/EC5AAU

K0UC Rating: 4/5 Dec 26, 2003 12:21 Send this review to a friend
good radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's been a great radio for me. I've had mine since 1998 when I bought it new and have never had any problem with it. Receiver is good in and out of the ham bands. Intermod has not been much of a problem. It's done everything I expected it to.