Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Alinco DJ-C4 Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DJ-C4
Alinco DJ-C4 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: submini UHF handheld

You can write your own review of the Alinco DJ-C4.

KU2S Rating: 4/5 Jan 6, 2008 16:07 Send this review to a friend
Not bad, as long as you don't expect too much  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bought one of these little puppies at a yard sale. I think I paid $20 for it, and the guy threw in a Lafayette receiver (SB-500?) with it. This little thing works great, the receiver - well.. gets static real good and only ONCE did I actually hear a human voice on it.

Anyway, as long as the purchaser understands that they are getting a shirt-pocket, 300 mW radio with no speaker and no microphone, I doubt that anyone would be disappointed in what this little package provides. I was able to download a manual from the Alinco website, the radio works great. Battery life is very good, and with the right earpiece/microphone set audio is great. The front panel takes a little getting used to, but all the needed functions are available and easy enough to use.

I'm kinda wondering about wiring up a cradle for this thing with an external mic and speaker just so I have a UHF rig to play with at work...

Say - if anyone out there has the clip-on wire antenna that I did NOT receive with this yardsale special, I'd appreciate any particulars you can provide regarding design and construction so I can build one for mine...

K0UC Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2003 12:49 Send this review to a friend
cool little radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this for about $75 new on clearance a few years back. What a fun little radio. Rx is amazingly good for a such a small package. Does out of band Rx even (with a mod). No speaker is the only drawback. You have to use an earphone or external speaker. The battery life of this thing is amazing. It can go for days receiving and a good day or rx/tx. Of course the power output is low and the antenna is "fixed" and unchangable. Makes a great little rig to throw in the briefcase for listening and QSOs while travelling (as long as you're not too far from the repeater.) Out in the clear it's amazing what 300mw can do with a good repeater.
The charger that comes with it is nice since it's a "snap-on" type.