Reviews Categories | Microphones | Radio Shack RS 33-3018 Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Radio Shack RS 33-3018 Microphone
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: 500 Ohm dynamic mike

You can write your own review of the Radio Shack RS 33-3018 Microphone.

WN4DW Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2006 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Concur with the other reviews  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was looking for a desk mic to use with my 756proII and being too cheap to spring for the icom or heil mics I found one of these on ebay and got it for about 20 bucks (with shipping.)
Anyway, it's on a short drum stand and quick disconnects so I can use either a PTT or foot switch and it works and sounds great. A 75 cent momentary contact switch for the PTT and 50 cents worth of capacitors and you have a really great sounding mic for a quarter the cost of Heil of icom.
My 2 cents worth.

N9GC Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2005 18:47 Send this review to a friend
Great mic at a low price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
sold some equipment so I could buy a nearly new FT1000MP MkV. What to do for a mike? I didn't want to go broke and after reading Bob Heil's comments about over-aggressive output in mikes, I took a look at the specs for the RS33-3018 and they nearly match some of the Heil specs. Even got to use a gift certificate so cost was nil. Made the settings according to the MkV manual and it produces an incredible signal. Can't count the number of times I have gotten thru pileups and got the comment "fabulous audio." Mic gain at 2/3, processor at 1/3. One contact said to not ever touch my audio settings again. Great sound and great look, especially in homemade (former swingarm lamp) boom.

NY4T Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2003 11:15 Send this review to a friend
Great bang for the buck  Time owned: more than 12 months
A guy signed in on the local 75M ragchew frequency wanting to test several mikes a couple of years ago. One of them had much better audio than any of the others. It had a broadcast-like sound but didn't make his signal extra wide. When I asked him what it was, I was surprised to find it was a RS 33-3018. Being a contester and having had little success finding the right mike for my TS450SAT, after trying stock mikes, desk mikes and the Heil HMM-K, I decided to give this one a try. I picked it up on sale for $24.95, took it to a friend who owns a radio shop and had him wire it for PTT. I bought a used studio boom mike stand and I was off and running. This has been a great contesting mike for me. I run it through a W2IHY 8 band EQ for contests but it works just fine for ragchewing without the EQ. If you are looking for an inexpensive alternative to the Heil series, this is it. For around $60 I have a great mike I can use on VOX or with PTT and a mike stand that is virtually indestructible.