Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet GP 15 Tri band (144/440/52 mhz) vertical ant Help

Reviews Summary for Comet GP 15 Tri band (144/440/52 mhz) vertical ant
Comet GP 15 Tri band (144/440/52 mhz) vertical ant Reviews: 49 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $149.99
Description: 6M @ 3.5dB; 2M 6.2dB; 440 @ 8.6dB; 150 watts; 7'11"; fiberglass
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/base.html

You can write your own review of the Comet GP 15 Tri band (144/440/52 mhz) vertical ant.

KY4MRG Rating: 0/5 May 4, 2012 11:16 Send this review to a friend
LIGHTENING MAGNET  Time owned: more than 12 months
After having 3 and all 3 were struck by lighting at to different locations. Stay away from this antenna

KD2ARB Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2012 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great antenna for anyone starting out in ham radio or for anyone looking for a decent vertical for VHF/UHF/6 meters.The SWRS on this antenna are a great 1.1 to 1 on all the bands.There is an element on one of the radials for tuning to get the swrs down on 6 meters.The only problem that I do have is getting the swrs down on 6 meters.Still kinda high no matter how much I tinkered with the adjustable element.BUT Im not on 6 meters that much anymore so it doesnt bother me.I can easily hit repeaters at least 60 miles away with only about 10 watts RF.You will not be disappointed with this antenna.GREAT PERFORMER!

N5VEG Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2011 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was able to get a used Comet GP-15 from the Huntsville Hamfest even though I could not attend.(Thanks to John, KC5KWZ)
We put it up on a 15 foot mast today and WOW! VSWR as tested with the MFJ 269 Pro analyzer was pretty much flat on 2 meters and 70 centimeters. The 6 meter side likewise showed a decent SWR of about 1.6/1.

I don't know how old this antenna is but you can see it was outside for a time. The fiberglass was just a little yellow but still nice and smooth. The stainless fittings were like new with little or no corrosion and the gaskets looked fine. This is a very light weight, high quality constructed unit with awesome gain. I could hit our 70 centimeter repeaters with 2 watts full quieting using my Yeasu 857D.

This antenna is ideally suited for radios that are able to transmit on all three bands from the same coax out terminal.

I have used other multi-band antennas since the early 90's and believe me this one beats them all!

Buy it new, buy it used...but buy it!

K4GNO Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2011 06:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had the GP15 up on a 12' mast by the side of our house for about 3 years. It has been an excellent performer on all three bands, but especially on 6 meter SSB. I can work anything that I hear on my TS2000 and that includes VP5,HI8,etc. I would recommend it to anyone wishing a simple, well built antenna on these bands. An excellent match for the TS2000.

KJ4IIB Rating: 4/5 Oct 15, 2010 16:56 Send this review to a friend
GOOD ANTENNA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GOT MY GP-15 ABOUT A MONTH AGO.LESS THAN 5MINS.TO PUT TOGETHER.I WAS WORRIED ABOUT SETTING THE SWR ON 6METERS.NO PROBLEM.FOLLOWED FACTORY DIRECTION THEN BACKED IT DOWN JUST A HAIR,PERFECT FOR MY LOCAL REPEATER,AND LESS THAN 1.3 ACROSS THE BAND.2METER/70CENTIMETER UNDER 1.5.GOOD FOR A TRIBAND ANTENNA.LITTLE PRICEY FOR THE WORKING MAN,BUT YOUR ONLY HERE FOR A SHORT TIME AND YOU CANT TAKE IT WITH YOU.

KC0GSB Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2010 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's been up over five years, still works great, and shows no signs of wear. Good bandwidth on 6M. My signal is always heard in the local area.

W2PSK Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2010 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my GP-15 a couple months ago. It sits on top of a 5' antenna mast on the roof of my house. During the recent VHF contest, I was hearing stations 60+ miles away on 2m! The bandwidth is perfect on all three bands. I can work both FM and SSB on all three bands with less than a 2:1 SWR. This is a great antenna!

K3DAV Rating: 4/5 Jul 25, 2009 20:25 Send this review to a friend
Good antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my GP-15 for 6 years now. Talked a lot of DX on 6M SSB, and even on 6M FM simplex.

Works great on 2M also. I hit repeaters 60 to 70 miles away on a daily basis.

70cm is the only band I have any problem with. It works OK, but the SWR is high near the repeater and simplex frequencies, but low at the lower end of the band. And there is no way to adjust the SWR for 70cm other than cutting the length of the radiator. And I don't want to do that.

Otherwise, it a great antenna for 6 and 2 meters, with a good SWR and gain factor on both bands. I like that it's a 5/8 wave on all 3 bands.

N4CQR Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2008 13:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Choice. Escepially For The Simi-CC&R Individual  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At under 8' you can hide this antenna in virety of locations which is of interest to the antenna farm challenged Op. I had mine on the deck as a temporary measure and from the street it looked like a small flagpole.

VSWR on all bands is as advertised. In my case I could get 6M resonance on both the FM protion as well as the SSB portion of the band by adjusting the horizontal (6meter) radial. While not having it long enough to attest to its longevity, I can say however, at this point I am completely satisfied with it's performance.

Money well spent.

N4CQR Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2008 08:08 Send this review to a friend
If It Breaks, I'll Buy Another  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Purchased from R&L. Installed with a short run of quality feedline and have had excellent results on all bands the antenna was designed for. Absolutely zero complaints.