Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet GP 15 Tri band (144/440/52 mhz) vertical ant Help

Reviews Summary for Comet GP 15 Tri band (144/440/52 mhz) vertical ant
Comet GP 15 Tri band (144/440/52 mhz) vertical ant Reviews: 44 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $149.99
Description: 6M @ 3.5dB; 2M 6.2dB; 440 @ 8.6dB; 150 watts; 7'11"; fiberglass
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/base.html

You can write your own review of the Comet GP 15 Tri band (144/440/52 mhz) vertical ant.

KC0GSB Rating: 5/5 Mar 27, 2010 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Very Good Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's been up over five years, still works great, and shows no signs of wear. Good bandwidth on 6M. My signal is always heard in the local area.

KC2SSB Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2010 11:35 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my GP-15 a couple months ago. It sits on top of a 5' antenna mast on the roof of my house. During the recent VHF contest, I was hearing stations 60+ miles away on 2m! The bandwidth is perfect on all three bands. I can work both FM and SSB on all three bands with less than a 2:1 SWR. This is a great antenna!

K3DAV Rating: 4/5 Jul 25, 2009 20:25 Send this review to a friend
Good antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my GP-15 for 6 years now. Talked a lot of DX on 6M SSB, and even on 6M FM simplex.

Works great on 2M also. I hit repeaters 60 to 70 miles away on a daily basis.

70cm is the only band I have any problem with. It works OK, but the SWR is high near the repeater and simplex frequencies, but low at the lower end of the band. And there is no way to adjust the SWR for 70cm other than cutting the length of the radiator. And I don't want to do that.

Otherwise, it a great antenna for 6 and 2 meters, with a good SWR and gain factor on both bands. I like that it's a 5/8 wave on all 3 bands.

N4CQR Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2008 13:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Choice. Escepially For The Simi-CC&R Individual  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At under 8' you can hide this antenna in virety of locations which is of interest to the antenna farm challenged Op. I had mine on the deck as a temporary measure and from the street it looked like a small flagpole.

VSWR on all bands is as advertised. In my case I could get 6M resonance on both the FM protion as well as the SSB portion of the band by adjusting the horizontal (6meter) radial. While not having it long enough to attest to its longevity, I can say however, at this point I am completely satisfied with it's performance.

Money well spent.

N4CQR Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2008 08:08 Send this review to a friend
If It Breaks, I'll Buy Another  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Purchased from R&L. Installed with a short run of quality feedline and have had excellent results on all bands the antenna was designed for. Absolutely zero complaints.

KQ0Q Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2007 12:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Package for the TS-2000  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I feel we are lucky enough to have a 6 meter repeater in our territory - SW Missouri. This replaced a dual bander with about the same overall dimensions. Expected a slight reduction in performance on 2 and 440 but it seems as strong or stronger. Enjoy that is it one piece, looks good and with the Comet CFX-514N makes a perfect package to use with the TS-2000 for FM work. Associated Radio out of KC has a nice price on the package too. Whatever radio or radios you work, if you need all three bands with one coax feed, this is your antenna.

VK5FDMR Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2007 02:22 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic, I`d buy another  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi everyone,

I am very happy with my GP-15. I can only vouch for 2m and 70cm as I am not licenced for 6m yet but the performance of this antenna is excellent. At the moment the antenna height is only 15ft so it is not very high at all. However at this height I am able to access all of the repeaters in my city and some that are in the country many many kilometers from my QTH. I have had success in working some "Troppo" contacts with this antenna too. In the future I will raise the height of the antenna to a more user friendly height and I am sure that I will notice the improved performance. Highly recommended.

Best 73 de Dave VK5FDMR

KF4DSS Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2007 08:35 Send this review to a friend
good ant  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have this ant for a year know and its been threw ice, snow and alot of wind storms but has not falied me yet dose good on 2,440, on 6 meters if you wont to use it on ssb 50.125 you have to tune ant but was very easy to do all around a good ant

KE7EJF Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2006 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought my GP-15 used off a swap net to put up at my girlfriend's house when I am out there. This antenna has surprised me as far as it's performance on 2m and 70 cm. I have not put it on 6m yet. It's only up about 15 feet in the air and I can talk simplex to stations over 50 miles away. In fact, it out performs my 4 element dual band beam. I would buy another one at full price if I ever need another.

PE1CZG Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2006 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Very reliable and good antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
My GP 15 is now up on the roof for 12 years! and it simply stays working and working. No erosion on the radials and brackets. I can work all repeaters on 2 and 70cm here in the Netherlands without any problem. VSWR is ok on 2 and 6 meters. On 70cm the badnwidth is somewhat limited but ok in the repeater section. If you are looking for a multi band vertical which last forever, don't look further and go for the GP 15 and you will get an antenna which probably last a life time.