Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | OptiBeam OB2-40M Help

Reviews Summary for OptiBeam OB2-40M
OptiBeam OB2-40M Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1500+-
Description: 2 element Moxon 40 meter "yagi" beam
More info: http://www.arraysolutions

You can write your own review of the OptiBeam OB2-40M.

KR5R Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2014 16:09 Send this review to a friend
Great 40 meter antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my OB2-40M for over a year now and it has always worked great. It has survived bad Louisiana weather without a problem. It is on a 40 foot tower because of height restrictions but was still able to bust the Amsterdam Island pileup before my friends who had triple the power and double my height. Excellent engineering and construction and I am totally satisfied with its performance. Tom at OptiBeam has been very helpful and attentive and quick to respond to my emails as well as Jay and Bob at Array Solutions. Great antenna.

W9GE Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2003 16:00 Send this review to a friend
excellent smallish 40 m beam  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had this beam at 80 feet for about 3 months and have been very pleased with the results. I am 99.5% a cw dx'r and this beam is working well. It has easily survived 80+ mph winds and puts minimal strain on the tower, being only 6.5 sq ft. It is a compromise, as is any not full size 40 beam. It is quite broad in forward direction, but does have a very steep null to the back so beam can be turned to null out interference as necessary without significant compromise of forward gain. It is extremely well built and quite easy to assemble. My only concern is the "rope" used for struts. I would have preferred phyllistran, but will see just how long the "rope" lasts b4 it needs to be changed. So far, so good. Jay of Array Solutions, and Tom owner of OptiBeam have been superb to deal with in acquiring this antenna. Both went way beyond expectations. I think I may be the first USA installation for this one? Photos are available for viewing on Array Solutions web site, under w9ge. 73