Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | LaCrosse Technologies Help

Reviews Summary for LaCrosse Technologies
LaCrosse Technologies Reviews: 21 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $20 - 50
Description: Atomic Wall Clock with Moon Phase
MSRP: $39.95

Radio controlled time (hour, minute, second)
Radio controlled date (month, date, year, day)
Indoor temperature (F or C)
Moon phase (8 phases)
Time alarm
Snooze for alarm
Day can be displayed in English, French, or Spanish
Dual LCD screens
Wall Hanging or Free-standing (fold out stand)
12 or 24 hour time mode
Time Zones from GMT to 12 GMT
Three letter identification for US time zones

Actual Size: 11.5 x 1 x 7.5"
More info: http://www.lacrossetechnology.com

You can write your own review of the LaCrosse Technologies.

VE2JL Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2009 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Thumbs up!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought on AMAZON on a Wednesday and it arrived in under 48 hours, easy to program with manual. Replaced my QTR Yaesu. It SYNCED with WWVb on first night! It even looks good. More than paid for with sale of the old QTR on EPLAY. I really don't need the seconds count for casual ham hobby. I may buy a 24 hour analog model in the future and keep it on UTC, I guess I am from the analog generation.
Great to be able to see the outside temp from my shack.

K4ZNC Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2009 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Clock!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this digital clock for at least 7 years. It has never missed a beat and is easy to program. You won't go wrong with this jewel, and it looks very elegant in the shack.

AE6OU Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2008 14:52 Send this review to a friend
Best Buy For Hams  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Forget the MFJ junk. Bought the WS8117U-IT-OAK and it worked great out of the box. Does UTC and 24 hour time the right way (8pm displayed as 20:00 unlike some other models). Date is displayed as D/M and you have to trade off the year for the seconds display. Comes with external temperature transmitter. Got mine from www.ambientweather.com for $24.95 plus $8.08 s/h.

Got it to replace the MFJ 130RC which continuously would lose correct time even though the antenna symbol showed the clock was receiving WWVB. The date would jump randomly also. It's heading to the recycle bin. And the LaCrosse time digits are 2.25" high the same as the MFJ.

VE6XL Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2007 00:44 Send this review to a friend
Reliable & Accurate  Time owned: more than 12 months
They have several models, all with similar basic features.

Mine has been running in the shack for several years on the original batteries. Syncronizes easily from Edmonton Canada.

Useful information on WWVB 60kHz signal can be found at: http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvb.htm

www.ve6xl.ca

K5OQ Rating: 4/5 Apr 25, 2006 14:35 Send this review to a friend
6002U has no leading 2  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the WS-6002U frm Amazon. It found WWV right away. But when 2000 UTC rolled around, there was no leading 2! The manual says 24-hr mode not recommended, as display does not show first digit "2." With a magnifying glass, I noticed this upon a second reading. Had an Atomic clock near the TV that I bought years ago - made in China, like the LaCrosse. Noticed it had a wider display and had same Set and + buttons. Discovered it had GMT/UTC, same setting codes, and showed the leading 2. It now is in ham shack and the LaCrosse is in the living room on CDT (in 12-hr-mode, of course).

KE9K Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2006 10:24 Send this review to a friend
GREAT CLOCK !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got model ws-8117u with oak trim. Very large and easy to read numbers. 12 or 24 hour clock, indoor and outdoor temperature readings, month/day/date, and moon phase. Put the batteries in and it got the radio signal within 5 minutes. I am very pleased with how it works and the oak trim really sets it off. Joe ke9k

NV0U Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2006 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been searching for years for an atomic clock that does UTC. This thing is just the ticket. I got one of the La Crosse weather stations so the thing will serve dual duty here in the shack. It is finally nice to have the time accurate *and* see it as UTC instead of having to convert it myself. Hats off to La Crosse!

W0QU Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2005 11:26 Send this review to a friend
GMT Atomic Clock  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been looking for an atomic clock with a 12/24 hour digital display and a selectable GMT zone setting ... and I just found it at Best Buy.

Google shows it for sale at other places such as Universal Radio ($38.95) and Amazon.com ($34.95), but being able to grab it off the shelf and take it home was worth paying an extra $5 ... which I probably would have spent for shipping from Amazon or Universal.

With extras like wireless outdoor and indoor temperature, moon phase, calendar display, Alarm and snooze functions, Daylight Savings Time ON/OFF option, 4 languages, 12/24 hour time display I'm very happy to have found this atomic clock for my ham shack!

The LaCrosse web site whill show you both retail and online merchants and online product support at

K9YNF Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2005 13:11 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Accuracy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been a DXer for over 40 years and have owned just about every kind of shack clock. I purchased the model WS-8157U from Atomic Time in Oakbrook,IL, after studying ALL the La Crosse models. My model features an atomic clock with outdoor temperature and weather forecast, housed in a beautiful oak-trimmed flat black case. It has a very handy rear swing-out leg so it can be free standing or wall-mounted.

Without a doubt, this digital clock is the best for a ham station, having UTC readout capability and it is NEVER wrong (I like to see the minute digit roll over exactly when WWV's does)! I set all my house clocks and my watch with this La Crosse clock!

WB4M Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2005 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Hamshack Clock  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for an atomic clock that would read UTC, and most atomic clocks will only work in the 4 USA time zones. I ran across the La Crosse website, and looked at several that they offer. I did not want the wall clock, but instead a smaller one to sit on my desk. I ended up buying the WS-8056U model.
The clock displays UTC in large numerals, day, date and month, and also indoor and outdoor temperature. You can select 3 languages, 12/24hr format, and temperature in either C or F.
It is also an alarm clock with nice blue backlighting. Both the clock and remote sensor for the outdoor temperature run on 2-AA batteries.
Setting the clock up is a snap and the little manual is very clearly written. When I first put the batteries in, I thought the clock was not going to sync with WWV, but the manual says to just let it sit over night and it will try to sync once each hour. Sure enough, the next morning, the time, day, and date were set and the clock was on the money when I checked it against WWV on 10mhz.
I found the best price for it from Amazon.Com, $29.98. Other stores were selling it from $35.00 to $43.00. If you take advantage of Amazon's Visa Card offer, you can get this clock for only 2 (two) cents! Yes, 2 cents. Check it out! (I am not affiliated with Amazon in any way). Email me if you have any questions about this nice clock.