Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | LaCrosse Technologies Help

Reviews Summary for LaCrosse Technologies
LaCrosse Technologies Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $20 - 50
Description: Atomic Wall Clock with Moon Phase
MSRP: $39.95

Radio controlled time (hour, minute, second)
Radio controlled date (month, date, year, day)
Indoor temperature (F or C)
Moon phase (8 phases)
Time alarm
Snooze for alarm
Day can be displayed in English, French, or Spanish
Dual LCD screens
Wall Hanging or Free-standing (fold out stand)
12 or 24 hour time mode
Time Zones from GMT to 12 GMT
Three letter identification for US time zones

Actual Size: 11.5 x 1 x 7.5"

You can write your own review of the LaCrosse Technologies.

WA9AFM Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2009 06:18 Send this review to a friend
La Crosse WS-8157 - Update  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took the defective 8157 to the 'Wally World' where it was purchased. They took it back and said to take another off the shelf. I put batteries in the 'new' one before leaving the customer service area; it didn't even display.

Went back and got a second one. Put the batteries in that one. The time and inside temperature came up in a heartbeat!! Put batteries in the outside sensor and it also actived quickly. It was the last one they had.

Glad I found a good one as it is a great addition to the shack.
K4ZNC Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2009 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for 10 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this particular LaCrosse atomic clock for about 10 years and it has not missed a beat in all those years. I can't speak for QC issues now, but very satisfied with my clock.

John K4ZNC
VE2JL Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2009 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Thumbs up!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought on AMAZON on a Wednesday and it arrived in under 48 hours, easy to program with manual. Replaced my QTR Yaesu. It SYNCED with WWVb on first night! It even looks good. More than paid for with sale of the old QTR on EPLAY. I really don't need the seconds count for casual ham hobby. I may buy a 24 hour analog model in the future and keep it on UTC, I guess I am from the analog generation.
Great to be able to see the outside temp from my shack.
K4ZNC Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2009 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Clock!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this digital clock for at least 7 years. It has never missed a beat and is easy to program. You won't go wrong with this jewel, and it looks very elegant in the shack.
AE6OU Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2008 14:52 Send this review to a friend
Best Buy For Hams  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Forget the MFJ junk. Bought the WS8117U-IT-OAK and it worked great out of the box. Does UTC and 24 hour time the right way (8pm displayed as 20:00 unlike some other models). Date is displayed as D/M and you have to trade off the year for the seconds display. Comes with external temperature transmitter. Got mine from for $24.95 plus $8.08 s/h.

Got it to replace the MFJ 130RC which continuously would lose correct time even though the antenna symbol showed the clock was receiving WWVB. The date would jump randomly also. It's heading to the recycle bin. And the LaCrosse time digits are 2.25" high the same as the MFJ.
VE6XL Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2007 00:44 Send this review to a friend
Reliable & Accurate  Time owned: more than 12 months
They have several models, all with similar basic features.

Mine has been running in the shack for several years on the original batteries. Syncronizes easily from Edmonton Canada.

Useful information on WWVB 60kHz signal can be found at:

K5OQ Rating: 4/5 Apr 25, 2006 14:35 Send this review to a friend
6002U has no leading 2  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the WS-6002U frm Amazon. It found WWV right away. But when 2000 UTC rolled around, there was no leading 2! The manual says 24-hr mode not recommended, as display does not show first digit "2." With a magnifying glass, I noticed this upon a second reading. Had an Atomic clock near the TV that I bought years ago - made in China, like the LaCrosse. Noticed it had a wider display and had same Set and + buttons. Discovered it had GMT/UTC, same setting codes, and showed the leading 2. It now is in ham shack and the LaCrosse is in the living room on CDT (in 12-hr-mode, of course).
KE9K Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2006 10:24 Send this review to a friend
GREAT CLOCK !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got model ws-8117u with oak trim. Very large and easy to read numbers. 12 or 24 hour clock, indoor and outdoor temperature readings, month/day/date, and moon phase. Put the batteries in and it got the radio signal within 5 minutes. I am very pleased with how it works and the oak trim really sets it off. Joe ke9k
NV0U Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2006 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been searching for years for an atomic clock that does UTC. This thing is just the ticket. I got one of the La Crosse weather stations so the thing will serve dual duty here in the shack. It is finally nice to have the time accurate *and* see it as UTC instead of having to convert it myself. Hats off to La Crosse!
W0QU Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2005 11:26 Send this review to a friend
GMT Atomic Clock  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been looking for an atomic clock with a 12/24 hour digital display and a selectable GMT zone setting ... and I just found it at Best Buy.

Google shows it for sale at other places such as Universal Radio ($38.95) and ($34.95), but being able to grab it off the shelf and take it home was worth paying an extra $5 ... which I probably would have spent for shipping from Amazon or Universal.

With extras like wireless outdoor and indoor temperature, moon phase, calendar display, Alarm and snooze functions, Daylight Savings Time ON/OFF option, 4 languages, 12/24 hour time display I'm very happy to have found this atomic clock for my ham shack!

The LaCrosse web site whill show you both retail and online merchants and online product support at