Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | LaCrosse Technologies Help

Reviews Summary for LaCrosse Technologies
LaCrosse Technologies Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $20 - 50
Description: Atomic Wall Clock with Moon Phase
MSRP: $39.95

Radio controlled time (hour, minute, second)
Radio controlled date (month, date, year, day)
Indoor temperature (F or C)
Moon phase (8 phases)
Time alarm
Snooze for alarm
Day can be displayed in English, French, or Spanish
Dual LCD screens
Wall Hanging or Free-standing (fold out stand)
12 or 24 hour time mode
Time Zones from GMT to 12 GMT
Three letter identification for US time zones

Actual Size: 11.5 x 1 x 7.5"
More info: http://www.lacrossetechnology.com

You can write your own review of the LaCrosse Technologies.

K5ADF Rating: 3/5 Aug 11, 2010 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Just OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one of these several years ago after reading the reports here on eham. It keeps accurate time and knows about the time changes. The major fault I have is that it has never locked onto the radio time signal. I replaced an older MFJ radio controlled clock that was popular at the time and actually worked! (MFJ did not manufacturer it!) So I know the signal is there and the LT should work. I gave up on it and use it as a regular clock. I have since bought a dual time MFJ clock (again not manufactured by MFJ!) and it locks onto the radio signal displaying both the local and GMT time without a problem. Since the two are mounted one above the other on an outside wall, I again know the LT has a problem with the radio time signal. Oh well.

KB3BTO Rating: 1/5 Aug 10, 2010 12:48 Send this review to a friend
TIME FAILURE  Time owned: more than 12 months
After my sad experience with an MFJ model, I went with the La Crosse model WT-8005 because I had no need for external temperature, or moon phase, and I had read the rave reviews regarding La Crosse here. Well, it worked perfectly for 1 year and then it began to display inaccurate time. I have followed the tech support advice, put in new batteries, hit the reset button, etc., all to no avail. As things now stand, I would have to report that this model performs no better than the MFJ-130RC that sits on a shelf, useless.

WV1K Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2010 08:48 Send this review to a friend
The best WWVB clocks I've tried  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
These clocks have been so good here that they set themselves in daylight in the winter, at 4 PM when I put the batteries in upon receipt. I have both the "oak" Walmart clock with the weather "barmoter" and the moon version that will do 24 hour UTC. Both are the 915 MHz sensor version. Both clocks sync up at least every 48 hours about as far east as you can go in the USA. The only "outages" are when there is a geomagnetic storm and when the batteries need to be replaced, despite the claims of the specs. A ham told me that the reason my clocks stopped syncing day after day despite keeping time, was that the battery low indication is fairly useless. Your clock will work, but if it stops setting the time even after 8 to 12 months, it needs new batteries. That was the case and the clocks both set themselves that night. I have the Walmart version set to F temperature in and out, and the UTC capable version set to the seconds display with the outside C temperature.

WA9AFM Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2009 06:18 Send this review to a friend
La Crosse WS-8157 - Update  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Took the defective 8157 to the 'Wally World' where it was purchased. They took it back and said to take another off the shelf. I put batteries in the 'new' one before leaving the customer service area; it didn't even display.

Went back and got a second one. Put the batteries in that one. The time and inside temperature came up in a heartbeat!! Put batteries in the outside sensor and it also actived quickly. It was the last one they had.

Glad I found a good one as it is a great addition to the shack.

K4ZNC Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2009 14:10 Send this review to a friend
Excellent for 10 years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this particular LaCrosse atomic clock for about 10 years and it has not missed a beat in all those years. I can't speak for QC issues now, but very satisfied with my clock.

John K4ZNC

VE2JL Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2009 07:37 Send this review to a friend
Thumbs up!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought on AMAZON on a Wednesday and it arrived in under 48 hours, easy to program with manual. Replaced my QTR Yaesu. It SYNCED with WWVb on first night! It even looks good. More than paid for with sale of the old QTR on EPLAY. I really don't need the seconds count for casual ham hobby. I may buy a 24 hour analog model in the future and keep it on UTC, I guess I am from the analog generation.
Great to be able to see the outside temp from my shack.

K4ZNC Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2009 09:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Clock!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this digital clock for at least 7 years. It has never missed a beat and is easy to program. You won't go wrong with this jewel, and it looks very elegant in the shack.

AE6OU Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2008 14:52 Send this review to a friend
Best Buy For Hams  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Forget the MFJ junk. Bought the WS8117U-IT-OAK and it worked great out of the box. Does UTC and 24 hour time the right way (8pm displayed as 20:00 unlike some other models). Date is displayed as D/M and you have to trade off the year for the seconds display. Comes with external temperature transmitter. Got mine from www.ambientweather.com for $24.95 plus $8.08 s/h.

Got it to replace the MFJ 130RC which continuously would lose correct time even though the antenna symbol showed the clock was receiving WWVB. The date would jump randomly also. It's heading to the recycle bin. And the LaCrosse time digits are 2.25" high the same as the MFJ.

VE6XL Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2007 00:44 Send this review to a friend
Reliable & Accurate  Time owned: more than 12 months
They have several models, all with similar basic features.

Mine has been running in the shack for several years on the original batteries. Syncronizes easily from Edmonton Canada.

Useful information on WWVB 60kHz signal can be found at: http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvb.htm

www.ve6xl.ca

K5OQ Rating: 4/5 Apr 25, 2006 14:35 Send this review to a friend
6002U has no leading 2  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the WS-6002U frm Amazon. It found WWV right away. But when 2000 UTC rolled around, there was no leading 2! The manual says 24-hr mode not recommended, as display does not show first digit "2." With a magnifying glass, I noticed this upon a second reading. Had an Atomic clock near the TV that I bought years ago - made in China, like the LaCrosse. Noticed it had a wider display and had same Set and + buttons. Discovered it had GMT/UTC, same setting codes, and showed the leading 2. It now is in ham shack and the LaCrosse is in the living room on CDT (in 12-hr-mode, of course).