Reviews Categories | Contesting Hardware | MFJ-1262 microphone Control Center Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1262 microphone Control Center
MFJ-1262 microphone Control Center Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: This new MFJ-1262 microphone Control Center lets you switch between any two microphones by pushing a button. You can switch between a boom mi/headphone and a desk or hand mic, between a hi-fi ragchewing mic and a hard hitting DX mic or between a hand mic or desk mic. You can also convert any favorite 8-pin microphone for use with any radio.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-1262

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1262 microphone Control Center.

NE4EB Rating: 0/5 Mar 4, 2007 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Typical MFJ  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jumpers not included in shipment. Once received and installed, unit still would not work. Upon inspection, found three wires inside the enclosure that were not soldered to connections. Also, a clump of brown hair was stuck to the circuit board. Didn't bother to repair.

N7JS Rating: 4/5 Apr 7, 2005 11:51 Send this review to a friend
Works great-lousy paint  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use this item to switch between an AOR ADR9800 modem and a Heil goldline mike. It worked great out of the box. Very versitile unit with all the jumper settings able to be changed. As I've said in other MFJ reviews....just be sure you can put something on top of it. The paint job on ANY MFJ item is apparently being done by a drunk they pulled off the street or by the boss's 6 year old kid. It's so bad, that it looks like MFJ has the same 6 year old go over it with a (somewhat matching) magic marker to fill in all the spots he missed. That would include all the edges. It's bad people.

WD4ISJ Rating: 3/5 Jan 7, 2004 09:16 Send this review to a friend
Quality Assurance?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I also received the 1262 mic switch as an eagerly anticipated Christmas present. Upon receipt, I also found that the jumpers were not included. I also found several cold solder joints and bits of solder scattered around the inside of the case. The "stereo" headphone input did not work as advertised and necessitated a trip to Radio Shack to purchase an adaptor. Once those problems were corrected, the unit did operate as intended and simplifies switching back and forth between my Heil mic and Pro-Set Plus boomset.
It is too bad that MFJ's innovative products are marred by very poor quality control. The unit was purchased from A.E.S. so I would not have to deal directly with MFJ in case the unit was D.O.A.

KB3JLZ Rating: 1/5 Dec 30, 2003 13:40 Send this review to a friend
Good product QC BAD!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got this as a X-mas gift. Opening the box nothing damaged. Hooked this guy up as per the instructions (yep I read them!) No Joy! Re-read the jumper settings section then opened the case. HOOO guess what, no jumpers installed at all. Scrounged the shack for jumpers (you will need 10 of them). The tech manual dosent have a default chart. Called MFJ tech support. First nice Lady couldnt help me but did comment "They are supposed to have jumpers but you are the second person to call and say it didnt come with one!) She gave me a 1-800 number for a guy named Tom across the street. Called him. What a nice guy. "sorry I dont have the manual here in front of me and I dont have Internet access here so you will have to call the main tech support" I wasnt in the mood to go toe-toe so I just thanked him for all the fine help and ended that call. Such FINE customer support skills. Anyway. Used my Yaesu (757GX) manual and the scats for the box, got it set up. It works.

Second problem. The manual says that the headphone jack is stereo. Sorry folks I beg to differ. I hooked up my new Heil Proset Plus and didnt get any audio into the left ear. Thought it was me or the headphones so I hooked them up to my stereo. They work! Had to scrounge for a mono to stereo adaptor.

After the scronging was done the box is ok. In fact, this is my first experience with the "MFJ lack of QC issue". everything else I have from them works super!

Product 4 support and QC 1