Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Clocks | SkyScan Indoor/Outdoor Temp w/Atomic Clock Help

Reviews Summary for SkyScan Indoor/Outdoor Temp w/Atomic Clock
SkyScan Indoor/Outdoor Temp w/Atomic Clock Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $Varies
Description: Available from time to time at Sams Club.
More info: http://www.skyscan.info

You can write your own review of the SkyScan Indoor/Outdoor Temp w/Atomic Clock.

KC9GUZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2006 22:02 Send this review to a friend
It work good!  Time owned: more than 12 months
No problems here so far. Keeps good time and updates at regular intervals. I like the moon phase function. Easy to setup and use..

KA7OEI Rating: 4/5 Oct 18, 2005 12:52 Send this review to a friend
It works fine for me...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one of these for over 2 years and got another one in the past 6 months and they've worked exactly as they are supposed to.

I have noticed that there is, maybe, 1/2 second lag between WWV and its display, but so what: It's very consistent and (most importantly) it sets itself.

Like many, I use one outdoor temperature transmitter to run both clocks, but there's a caveat: You must reset BOTH clocks when changing the transmitter's batteries. Why? The transmitter sends the temperature every 5 minutes. The clock turns its receiver on ONLY for a few seconds, every 5 minutes (to save battery) to get the temperature, apparently keeping track of when the temperature arrived and adjusts the "window" accordingly. IF you replace the battery in the temperature transmitter, this 5 minute cycle is skewed and the clock WILL NOT know when it's supposed to receive it: This is why you install the transmitter's batteries first and THEN power up the clock and WAIT for it to show temperature. If you do a lot of 70cm activity (have a beacon, repeater, or just talk a lot) the 434 MHz signal from the temperature unit may simply be "jammed" - after all, it just uses a 'regen...

I've had no trouble with the clock syncing to WWVB, but the signal is very strong in this part of 7 land...

K9PX Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2004 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertised  Time owned: more than 12 months
Stays in perfect sync with WWV. Indoor and outdoor temperature reads within a degree of my other thermometers. I can't ask for more than that.

DRAGONSCALER Rating: 4/5 May 25, 2004 16:28 Send this review to a friend
I Like It  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had mine for about 7 months. Works great until the mother-in-law thought the temp transmitter was something blown onto side of house and threw it away! :-) Always attach your items is the lesson here.
Does anyone know how I can get another temp transmitter for it?

KG4NVX Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2003 22:09 Send this review to a friend
Works fine, reliable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Got as Christmas present from XYL. Worked the first time and has worked for a year. Keeps perfect time and shows UTC! Well worth the price!

KJ4X Rating: 3/5 Dec 30, 2003 21:49 Send this review to a friend
Works OK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received as Christmas gift and worked good. Synched with WWV after an hour or so. Remote temp did not work until I read instructions to put the batteries in the remote sensor before installing the batteries in the clock/inside unit. My brother in law had the same experience. I have only had the unit less than a week.

KE5GK Rating: 2/5 Dec 30, 2003 21:25 Send this review to a friend
SkyScam?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Atomic Clock synced with WWVB after two days.

Outdoor temp transmitter never worked. Returned same to Sams Club for full refund.(No hassle)

While standing in the refund line I saw two other clocks that had also been returned.

Guess I'll stick with WWV on my radio and Weather channel on the TV for outside temp information.

The Midwest City,OK Sams Club may have received a bad batch.