Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | MFJ-4225MV Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-4225MV
MFJ-4225MV Reviews: 38 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $149.00
Description: 25A Continuous (32A peak) Switching Power supply with variable voltage output.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-4225MV

You can write your own review of the MFJ-4225MV.

N2FVS Rating: 4/5 Sep 19, 2008 01:37 Send this review to a friend
works fine  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am surprised people complain about the fan. Either they have ears so good they can hear a pin drop in a different room, or they have a different supply than what I have. The fan makes very little noise in mine. This supply is fine. Works well. I opened it to clean inside since mine is in a very dusty environment, the construction is fine. It's not mil spec, but what do you want for $150? After five years of 24/7/365 use, my meter lamp burned out, that's why I give it 4 instead of five stars.

N2QQF Rating: 4/5 Aug 15, 2008 05:54 Send this review to a friend
no problems  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this power supply for about two years and I can say I am happy and impressed with it. I use it for powering up my radios and not in a lab environment which you would not really use a switching power supply in a lab environment anyhow but you get the point. Anyhow, I have had no issues and it works for me all the time without a hiccup. I would certainly buy another when the time comes so again no issues and worth the money.

K2DSL Rating: 4/5 Jun 1, 2008 13:47 Send this review to a friend
Solid performance - loud fan  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I picked mine up on eBay for a good price. It was new. It's a solid unit with dual meters showing Voltage (adjustable) and current when drawing power (like transmitting).

Has worked extremely well and the only criticism is the fan is always on (even if nothing is drawing power) and the fan isn't very quiet. The unit does stay cool to the touch, even after hours of being on.

KN6LE Rating: 2/5 May 29, 2008 20:39 Send this review to a friend
Buy an Astron  Time owned: more than 12 months
This supply went belly up. Sent it in to MFJ. Five months and $63 later, it was back in the shack. Since then gone over to Astrons. Prove it to yourself. Take both the Astron and MFJ supplies apart. No comparision. Very shoddy workmanship on MFJ switcher.

WA2EWE Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2007 20:55 Send this review to a friend
Very Reliable!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a fine product. I bought mine to use in Iraq with 220 volt AC power (my Alinco is 120 volt only) and found that it survived the trip, the dust, and the abuse. Ok, the fan is always on and not quite quiet. Also, while this unit works very well, it would be more convenient to have five way binding posts on the back of the unit too. I will add these aling with a fan switch myself.

Jim, WA2EWE

W6EOD Rating: 4/5 Aug 26, 2007 10:19 Send this review to a friend
Works  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It works good, but the fan is loud. Otherwise no problems.

K0KNX Rating: 2/5 Mar 8, 2007 03:56 Send this review to a friend
Dud  Time owned: more than 12 months
I guess I got a Dud. Quite a bit of hash on mine makes it unuseable on HF. I got a Astron and have not used this one since

KC0TLH Rating: 2/5 Feb 12, 2007 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Broke Twice  Time owned: more than 12 months
When I bought it it worked great for six months but then broke. It was a thirty dollar repair, but covered under warranty. Now a year later no warranty, same problem again. Also I had some problems with voltage drop at high loads.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2007 07:22 Send this review to a friend
It works.....  Time owned: more than 12 months
It pains me to say, but MFJ got this one right.....I've had mine since they came out (several years) and it works and works as advertised!! Never detected RF hash -- I use to do a lot of 6-mtr DXing and was surprised the power supply was clean on this band as well!

Cheers!

K3PRN Rating: 4/5 Jan 27, 2007 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Good Power Supply but Expensive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received a MFJ-4225MV adjustable power supply on a trade. The unit is very attractive with the double meters, small in size, but very expensive new. I wanted the unit as a backup for my two Samlex SEC1223 plus having the lighter socket is helpful. I prefer having rear power connectors for connecting to rigs and the fan is rather loud, as was mentioned by other reviewers. I gave the unit a four rating because of its cost and fan noise. I feel that the average ham would get more value for their money by the Samlex units and the fan noise. The unit produces very low rf hash as tested by QST. I don't have problems with either Samlex either.