Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Tram 1150 136-174 Mhz Help

Reviews Summary for Tram 1150 136-174 Mhz
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $30
Description: 2 Meter 5/8 wave antenna

You can write your own review of the Tram 1150 136-174 Mhz.

NH6ZB Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2004 00:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I ran across one of these at a local hamfest last summer. I wanted to get a antenna to put on my wifes car since she had just gotten here license. I had never heard of the manufacturer but I figured for the price what the heck I will give it a shot. So I purchased one along with the trunk mount and magnet mount.

It tuned up real easy using the chart that shows how much of the whip to cut for the frequency you will use. Hooked everything up in the mobile and did some test. the antenna works very well. I was quite impressed considering the price I payed for it. It is a tuff antenna and has seen tree limbs and car washes and has still survived.

TRUCK DRIVERS TAKE NOTE: I use this antenna on a Peterbilt 379. Since the cab is aluminum mag mounts are out. So what I did was us the trunk lid mount and attached it to the mirror bracing on the flat spot. I screwed it down slapped the antenna on and away I went. Works well on the big truck using a Icom V8000 at 25 and 75 watts when I start getting on the fringe of the repeater I use.

Bottom line, I recommend this to anyone. You can't go wrong for the price and durability.

73's Mike NH6ZB