Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Schurr Einbau Wabbler Help

Reviews Summary for Schurr Einbau Wabbler
Schurr Einbau Wabbler Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $149.95 + s&h
Description: The "build in" paddle-- mechanism of the Portable Wabbler without the base, cover, or cord. Specifically for "building into" a radio or your own enclosure. Base measures 1-9/16" square. Total width 1-78", height 1" and length 3-3/4".
Weight 5 oz.

You can write your own review of the Schurr Einbau Wabbler.

KB0VCC Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2004 16:59 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for /M  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine a few years ago from Marshall at Morse Express for the specific purpose of using it /M (spare me the lecture!) They're built solid enough so road vibration causes no wear or false-keying, and there's no discernable torsion, which gives these paddles the solid feel I expect/require. They've served my needs perfectly as a great companion to the mobile rig during long interstate highway runs.

KK4DW Rating: 4/5 Jan 6, 2004 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Schurr quality on a budget  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Schurr paddles are quite desireable and well-built but are generally priced beyond the pocketbook of young working hams. The Einbau Wabbler is the same paddle as the Portable Wabbler. $100 is quite a hunk of change for a mount and plastic cover I think. Here is one I picked up for $75, used on Ebay and mounted myself on a 6" x 3" x 1/4" piece of polished brass and 1/4" of self adhesive rubber base. A couple of holes drilled and here it is. It has all the attributes I think of anything Schurr makes, the Profi 2 included for a fraction of the cost. You can set the touch so tight that thinking of keying will do it :=)