Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | CT 599 Dual Lever Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for CT 599 Dual Lever Paddle
CT 599 Dual Lever Paddle Reviews: 28 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $129.95
Description: Ball Bearing Double Silver Contacts Plug & Play ++ Dual Paddle
More info: http://www.ur5cdx.com/index.php?currency=USD&language=en

You can write your own review of the CT 599 Dual Lever Paddle.

RA4CEW Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2013 06:10 Send this review to a friend
A great manipulator  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
+ Quality, absence of vertical backlash, precise work of the mechanism, the ability to set up a minimum clearance.
Very excellent key. Stylish design and excellent quality. The hand itself stretches to work. Once configured according to your needs and then only the pleasure of working in the air. As not the last factor note of respectful and kind attitude towards the clients and instant execution of orders. My key was sent to my address in current of 4 hours! I recommend it to everyone

UB6LGL Rating: 4/5 May 2, 2013 00:27 Send this review to a friend
Nice for price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pros:
+ Base weight
+ Ball bearings (4 pcs)
+ Silver Contacts
+ Packaging is vwry heavy.
+ Individual named label.
+ Have no competitors in the price range
+ Absolutely adequate interaction with the seller

Cons: (if you find fault)
- In the general speaking, the quality of the mechanics have something to complain about
- The main problem - wobble side "cubes" (holding the terminal screws). Because of this when setting up the "the paper thickness space" all gaps are beginning to vary because the underneath insulators is crappy.
- Ball bearing egligible vertical play of the left arm.
- Alignment screw hangs in the thread.
- No choice of blades (only dull plex)
- Dust unprotected performance
- 4 rubber feets is wobbling too (because of rubber flexibility). Replaced it to 3 solid rubber feets.

What would I have altered:
~ Isolators under the islands have to do in their entire area and solid material
~ Replace central alignment screw to twoo independent srews for each one arms.
~ Twoo contact points for each arm to avoiid vertical arm wobbling at all (Frame on top).
~ Exact selection of ball bearings to avoiid vertical arm wobbling at all.

My Revised:
* Changed plastic insulators under cube contacts to textolite puck (now all solid and securely)
* Reel the aluminium foil to all threads to avoid srew wobbling.
* Replace plex paddles to the nice hard wood.

Total:
This is my first key, so I do not know how workmanship at Begali, Kent and so forth ... but I hope that a lot better. Too many hemorrhoid to the user requirements of a beginner it's overkill. I began to study it with 14 WPM, imagine how all these clearances and approvals are felt by 25 WPM. If for 200.00 you can get something more accurate then I probably made for the 2nd option. Although after full adjustment CT599 is a fairly advanced by the model is constructive, but brings the attention to detail - squalid plastic insulators because of which a huge backlash islands play a bolt of convergence in the thread, the left arm bearing play (this is complicated and "incurable") and the most expensive to produce - a thin customization lack.Very sad of backlash bearing left arm. Although the right pair is holding strong.

W6HDG Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2013 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Nicest iambic paddle I've ever used  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have nothing but good things to say about Yury and his CT599 paddle. It is so nice to purchase from a fellow ham who takes such pride in his products. The paddle is a work of art and is as solid as they come. No vertical motion at all and easy to adjust. I got the brass model and it is very impressive looking. It was packed extremely well - it would have had to be driven over by a truck to damage it!

Highly recommended and priced right. Thank you Yury!

VK7CW Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2012 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Great Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been looking for a replacement for my existing paddles for some time now and came across these paddles. I ordered one directly from the website and dealt with Yury.
The paddle is a marked improvement over my existing paddles (Bencher, HiMound, Black Widow) and looks fantastic to boot. It is extremely solid with a very smooth feel and operation.
Yury was excellent to deal with and provided prompt updates.
For the price these are an excellent paddle and I would highly recommend them.

K0XY Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2011 13:48 Send this review to a friend
...another great paddle !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
...sweet machine (CT599 Chrome) ! ...I had just acquired the CT73 from Yury about a month ago and posted my eHam review (me LIKE = 5)...I thought I would try the CT599 next !...the first thing I noticed was the key was well packed and the shipping box WAS NOT "dog earred"...it arrived in "fresh condition"...that was good...

...unpacked the CT599, again the internal packing was substantial...prior to installing on the radio, I did a few "clicks and clacks"...the 599 had a very precise feel, very smooth bearing tension and a nice sounding "clicks" ( but a bit different from the CT73)...some paddles have "clicks" and some "clacks"...the 599 was a delicate "click"...me like !

...the 599 also had the fine thread adjustment screws and a nice chrome finish...the contact spacing and the magnet spacing were a breeze to set...as the 599 does not have a top bearing support bar I checked for vertical play on the contact arms...NO vertical play...I am pleased...

...plugged the 599 into the radio, and as expected the code generated was as perfect as I can send...in fact, the settings from the manufacturer were near to my preference (contact spacing about the width of a single sheet of paper and the magnetic return required mimimal pressure)

...all in all, the 599 feels like a finely machined product ( as did the CT73) as opposed to a mass manufactured device...the difference of feel is suttle, but the 599 feels "machined" and ever so slightly different from the CT73...

...at the current price point (approx. $150 US) I rate the CT599 as a great value and a true "top shelf" product...me LIKE !!!!

...and I suppose the next question would be my preference of the 73 or the 599 ????...tough question...

...I guess thats' why I bought BOTH...enjoy !!!

N4HAL Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2011 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Like it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered from Yuri on 1/20/11 and received on 2/5/11. Finish is very good and looks like adjustment screws were changed from earlier coarse screws to finer ones. Easy to adjust and extremely smooth. My other key is a Kent and like this a little better.

WQ5O Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2010 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Great paddle, very smooth.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had quite a bit of CW experience since the middle 70s (military/commercial/ham). I've used Vibroplex, MFJ, and Bencher paddles over the years. I own two Bencher paddles I bought back in the 80s along with an old Vibroplex Bug I bought in the 70s. I find that the CT 599s are about the smoothest paddles I've ever used. The Benchers are good but these are better. Easy to set up and easy to use. As for the finish, if you've ever been in the military you know you have to polish brass to keep it looking good. I'm satisfied with mine looking a little tarnished. I'm retired from the military and have no intention of polishing brass ever again! A little tarnish has nothing to do with your sending. I love them and would recommend them to anyone that's a serious CW op. 73 es gud dx!

GI4GST Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2009 12:09 Send this review to a friend
Stunning looker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
An ebay purchase. I was amazed at how nice it looks.
The build quality and finish is excellent. Its worth taking some time to set it up to suit the operating style and the screw threads are a bit coarse, but with time and patience it can be adjusted to suit most ops . My other paddle is a Kent so I was initially supprised at the little "girlie" paddles but after a few hours practise they seem just right.

W5EGS Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2006 12:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Paddle  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am 75 yrs old, with arthritis. My numerous MFJ 422/Benchers just aren't comfortable anymore. I have purchased several of Tony's keyers and others. The final winner is the CT-599/MFJ-407 Combo. I can't explain anymore than, "It's comfortable, smooth, and I have less pain with it than any of the others". His shipping varies from 9 days to 27 days, but Hey, they're coming from the Ukraine. What do you expect? I have been afraid I was going to have to go back to hand keys, but luckily the CT-599 looks like it's going to do the job.

KT5D Rating: 2/5 Jan 31, 2006 15:12 Send this review to a friend
Could be better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This paddle was an ebay purchase with no prior experience with CT keys. My observations are based on nearly 40 years as an avid cw operator beginning with a straight key in my novice days and progressing to Vibroplex bugs and finally to keyers and paddles, all in pursuit of sending better morse code. I am fortunate that as I advance in age I still retain good hand coordination and years of practice have not been lost to any health afflications. So, what worked for me well years ago still does. The old Vibroplex bugs up on the shelf are finely tuned and can be placed into service at a moment's notice. Age has not affected them either, rather like fine wine in that regard. I fear however, that the CT 599 Dual Lever Paddle will not enjoy that esteemed state of being as it is off to a rather poor start. Straight out of the box, the dash lever has vertical pivot instability, with the lower bearing missing a retaining washer for the tiny balls within the bearing cup. As such, they are lose and contribute to the instability. Adjusting the spacing for the dash contact is rather useless as it cannot be maintained with the pivot point inconsistency. I do like the extremely low profile of this paddle, indeed that was one of the main reasons for purchasing it but this is definitely not a key one would travel with or even risk moving around very much. It will not survive a fall to the floor due to it's very fragile build quality. This is a key destined to join the old Vibroplexs on the shelf to be looked at often but rarely, if ever, used.