Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | ADVANCED BATTERY SYSTEMS BATTERIES AND SERVICE Help

Reviews Summary for ADVANCED BATTERY SYSTEMS BATTERIES AND SERVICE
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $$45.60
Description: BP-210-M NIMH battery for Icom V-8 hand held. 1,650 mah, 7.2 volts.
More info: http://www.advanced-battery.com

You can write your own review of the ADVANCED BATTERY SYSTEMS BATTERIES AND SERVICE.

K9BAG Rating: 4/5 Jan 24, 2009 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Quick business-like service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted some Ni-CDs for a new Kenwood TH-K2 that were of a higher capacity. Looked around and came across ABS having 1100MAhs and flat tops that ABS said they would add tips. Fine I ordered 8 with the tips attatched. Got them in short order but they were just too long for the K2 case. Hmm? Called ABS. They advised to return them. For a small additional cost I exchanged for 2600 Ni-MHs. Yeah, a bit of a runaround but ABS was swell with me. Leson learned on adding tips to flat tops too.

WU1Z Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2004 20:56 Send this review to a friend
Good service again.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently needed to get some lithium batteries for my security system. Good price and prompt service.I saw the other gentlemen's post but also took note that his experience took place several years ago. Sorry, but current experience does not seem to coincide with his. Companies change over the years and it seems that this one has for the better. This is the second good experience I have had with them over the recent year. I will continue to do business with them. WU1Z

KB2CPW Rating: 1/5 Mar 11, 2004 15:13 Send this review to a friend
I would have changed my name too!  Time owned: more than 12 months

Sorry, saw the other gentlemans review and had to add this. Although it goes back a few years, the internet wasnt what it is now where I would have placed my review then... Anyway, I bought two batteries from them (when they were periphex) for an Icom W2A and after a short time of use the rails of one of the packs which hold it to the radio had broken off making the battery unuseable.
I placed a call to Periphex to see if they could recase the otherwise good battery (BTW always in a leather case, never in a back pocket or dropped. Simply a bad design flaw in the rail locking system).
Bear in mind this was the most expensive NICAD they made for this radio and I offered to pay for the repair as it was used. The nasty young lady at the other end repeated "no sorry, cant help you".. Real nice customer assistance they had going over there. I was left with a very expensive door stop and a lesson learned.
Stick with the companies who will stand behind their products. I never ask for more than I bargained for nor any freebies, but rudeness and lousy customer service should be mentioned.
I see some really good reviews below, notice that they didnt have any trouble with their products, if they had to make a call back to them, I'm sure "no sorry, cant help you" would have been their answer... Regards.. Richy N2ZD

WU1Z Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2004 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality and service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently called and purchased a battery for my Icom V-8 handheld unit. I was very impressed by the sales persons knowledge and manner. I purchased the BP-210-M Nimh battery. Its 1,650 mah,7.2 volts. In regards to cost I thought it to be a great deal as the similar Icom product cost about $80.00 as opposed to $45.60 for this one.I have bought batteries from this company before when they were the known as the Periphex company. The quality was good then as it is now. The battery was also shipped free of charge as they have a special going on. I also know that with after market makers of products sometimes fit can come into play. Let me say this, it fits every bit as well as the Icom battery that came with my radio. I would highly recommend them and will continue to do business with them. They operate out of Stoughton,Mass.