Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Cable Experts CXP008 Assembly Help

Reviews Summary for Cable Experts CXP008 Assembly
Cable Experts CXP008 Assembly Reviews: 21 Average rating: 1.6/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 100ft RG-8/U coax with PL-259 connectors
More info: http://www.cablexperts.com

You can write your own review of the Cable Experts CXP008 Assembly.

WA7ROD Rating: 1/5 Jan 24, 2014 16:00 Send this review to a friend
wrong end  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
put on the wrong end, not lmr-400 only like it. will have to spend $30.00 more to fix it and my time,

KA4ETV Rating: 0/5 Jan 25, 2012 07:43 Send this review to a friend
Cable Experts Coax Cable Assemblies are Complete Creap  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Complete crap. Avoid at all costs. Could not even get the antenna up before both (not one but both) connectors came off. Like another review the "heavy duty shrink tube" is just to cover where the coax has been improperly cut and crimped.

Will never use this garbage again.

KC5BG Rating: 0/5 Jan 4, 2006 10:36 Send this review to a friend
poor quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
ordered 2 75 foot lengths of LMR 400 with N conn.,started having swr problems, removed cable from rear of sat. rig and checked connection after reading reviews here. Heat shrink covered up a connection that was not crimped. Very poor quality control-nice heat shrink. They did offer to replace the connection if I would send them the cable-no thanks I'll just put one on properly (they could have at least sent me a new n connector)

VE4MM Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2005 14:25 Send this review to a friend
100%  Time owned: more than 12 months
GREAT!

KG4NCK Rating: 4/5 Jul 22, 2005 15:34 Send this review to a friend
decent coax  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using Cable X-Perts coax for about 5 years now and never had a problem with it. I'm always curious about how well the ends are soldered on, so I inspect each end before using it. The solder-joints have always been very good and soldered to the sheilding and center conductor well. The connectors have never just fallen off, and have had hard tugs without falling apart or becoming loose. As noted in earlier reviews, the outside sheath of the coax does not go very far into the ends of the connectors, as in less than a 1/8", which can cause them to work out with a minimum of flexing, hence the heat-shrink wrap over the ends. The pricing is a little high too.

KD7VEM Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2005 18:07 Send this review to a friend
My experience isn't like those reported below  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used Cable Experts stuff for several years, and haven't had any troubles. But I just read the reviews below, and had doubts. So I took a brand new cable apart and found it was very professionally put together, fully soldered, all holes filled, nothing sloppy, but well-assembled. I didn't cut the connector in half to see how well the solder ran around the inside of the barrel, but it looks perfect from outside.

This review aplies to many Cable Experts products I have purchased.

KC7WGS Rating: 0/5 Jan 16, 2005 15:25 Send this review to a friend
First and Last Order  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Placed an order mid 12/16 for a small job I was doing. Expected ship date of 12/22. Emailed 12/27 to ensure the ship date had been made. NO RESPONSE. Called on 12/29. TOld "some of the connectors are on back order so we can't ship yet." I asked them to ship what they had completed and it arrived January 7. Still no word on the rest of the order so I cancelled it today. 1/16. What a way to run a business...

K2ESE Rating: 0/5 Dec 4, 2004 21:24 Send this review to a friend
Junk Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased "Expertly" made cables from this company, including short jumpers and long 50 and 100 foot lengths. The jumpers started failing and after close examination, I discovered the following:
The connectors were neatly shrink wrapped with the company logo.
The Shields were not tinned at all!
The center conductor was not tinned either.
The solder holes in the 259's had solder in all the holes but it was just enough to tack the shield in place.
Same story with the center conductor, just tacked in place.
Two of the connectors had sorts due to the shields not being trimmed back to clear the center conductor.

The company states that there quality workmanship is warranted for 60 days.
Radio Shack has a better warranty!

This stuff is not quality at all! Don't waist your money!!!

KC2GOW Rating: 0/5 Dec 4, 2004 21:12 Send this review to a friend
TRASH  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
They are great cables if you do not take them out of the box!!! I had TWO PL-259 connectors on RG-213 fall apart. By the way, this is on a 50ft and a 100ft pre-assembled run. Under close examination, the shield was NOT soldered at all to the connector itself. The cable literally pulled out of the PL-259. They do a good job at heat-shrinking the ends, but this isn't going to save your amplifier or finals now is it? I had to take a rig out of line for service and on cable #2, it was very easy to look down into the connector. There was no soldering to be found whatsoever! That makes me sit back and think about their promise of a HIGH QUALITY cable? I am running an older 9913 cable up my 90ft tower and now I am going to cut all the weather proofing to check out the ends. I don't want to kill my AL-1500 because the connector on the beam is GARBAGE!

WR2W Rating: 0/5 Dec 2, 2004 15:33 Send this review to a friend
NO Solid Shield Contact!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After reading the reviews here I decided to check all 4 of my New and unused cable assemblies. The solder on the shield part of ALL 8 PL-259 connectors was Just Enough to cover the holes, and None of the braid strands was actually soldered to the connectors. This may create antenna problems over time as the connectors and wires tarnish and/or subject to stress. They should have tinted the shields, and made Sure they were soldered to the skirt of the connectors. The 5th cable assembly I use in my mobile is not Cable Experts, and I have no problems with it. Needless to say I'll have to solder new connectors on all 4 Cable Expert coax assemblies, but this is Not what I paid for...