Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Fostex 6301B Help

Reviews Summary for Fostex 6301B
Fostex 6301B Reviews: 5 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $185
Description: Powered monitor speaker
More info: http://www.fostex.co.jp/int/pages/products/mons/6301.htm

You can write your own review of the Fostex 6301B.

KW8U Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2014 12:36 Send this review to a friend
Big Sound for K3  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was looking for a pair of powered speakers to add to my K3 that were shielded, closely matched the look of the K-Line and had good sound for BCB SWLing. The 6301B fits the bill quite well; they are almost the same height as the K3 when you mount them sideways using the optional brackets. There is a picture of them with the K3 on my QRZ page (KW8U).

They are not cheap, but neither is the radio and I'm sure I'll have them for a long time.

N4DOV Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2011 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Perfect size, perfect sound  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Was looking for a speaker, as my "matching" speaker was not delivering for my hearing and I was reduced to headphones. Checked the old reviews here and on internet, all raving about this small ( 7.5 x 4.7 x 4.7 inch) powered amplified desktop speaker. I have retired my headphones as the speaker delivers a big beautiful clear full audio. Very impressive from this 8 lb solidly built speaker. If you don't have room for one of those large size speakers, this could be your answer (paid $179 from B&H photo).

K0UC Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2008 17:39 Send this review to a friend
Fairly amazing  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I don't own one, but I was at a customer site and I heard what I thought was maybe a Bose radio playing. Sounded great. Turned out to be a 6301B connected to their sound panel for monitoring and a tech had connected a receiver to it. Wow! It's a crankin' speaker. I couldn't believe the sound out of that little box. I want Santa to bring me one!
I can see where it would be a good speaker for ham or "hi-fi" use where you want something small and powerful.

KC2GUY Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2006 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Hi Fi for SSB  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If you don't want to wear headphones, and you are looking for 'easy listening' then look no further.
This speaker looks great and sounds the best with all modern HF transeivers. I have tried others, but you get what you pay for. Top quality, clear and rich sounding, with self powered amplification. It's the only external speaker you will ever need.
I am happy with mine, and I am sure you will be too.
Another 'gem' to have in your shack. You will understand why they are expensive, and why Fostex speakers are studio quality.

SM3WEO Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2004 21:19 Send this review to a friend
Desktop powderkeg!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi-Fi, Hamradio - whatever, this little kitten sounds like a lion.
I have been using my 6301 monitor for about everything you can imagine and it always delivers.
With its 80Hz - 13kHz freq. respons, you are able to hear absolutly everything, no mater what you are using it for.
With built in 10W (8 ohm)amp, driving the 10cm
fullrange speaker, you will have all the pounch in the sound you'll ever need.
Forget all those cheap, lightweight plastic speakers that retails from $5 - $20 and go for something that matches the rest of your shack.

You will never want another kind of speaker!