Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | Powerwerx.com Help

Reviews Summary for Powerwerx.com
Powerwerx.com Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Powerwerx is a web based warehouse outlet store that
offers a wide selection of PowerPole and other parts
and accessories of interest to hams and tinkerers.
More info: http://www.powerwerx.com

You can write your own review of the Powerwerx.com.

WA4FOM Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2016 13:56 Send this review to a friend
I would give them a six if I could  Time owned: more than 12 months
I placed an order with these folks for a fistful of fuses, a passel of pins, and two tiny extraction tools. After some time passed, I checked the e-mailed invoice and noticed the shipping address was incorrect. It was an address nowhere near any place I ever called home.

First lesson: READ THE INVOICE AS SOON AS YOU GET IT.

The oddest part is I never saw this bogus address at checkout time when I originally purchased the parts. A true mystery. My paranoia drove me to correct the address which was now part of my customer profile, change my password, and check my credit card for any strange charges. Nothing amiss there.

After contacting their customer service, I was pleasantly surprised at the quick response. After some clarification, they turned around and sent me a duplicate order (to the right address) with Priority Shipping at no charge to me. It's been a long time since I last saw a company make things right so quickly, if at all.

I kind of wonder if the folks who received my original package kept it and, if they did, have any idea what those parts are (except perhaps the fuses).

BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE WITHOUT FEAR. THEIR PRICES ARE REASONABLE AND THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

KB3FTE Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2014 05:17 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was very pleased with Powerwerx. One of the items I had ordered was not available and they offered to provide the next better option at the same price as the original. Great product, great service, great company!

N0FPE Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2011 16:08 Send this review to a friend
no problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased anderson Power Poles and wire from these guys many time with no problems. As far as I am concerned they are good to deal with.

W2ZOU Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2011 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Quality Stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
This place is #1 for all power needs, super quality, prices are fair. I purchased many things from there including cables, battery tenders, power poles, etc.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2011 06:23 Send this review to a friend
No Problems AT ALL!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a large assortment of items purchased over the last two years. I have not had a problem with ANY item. Deliveries were always prompt with no sneaky, "oops, it is on back order for six weeks" emails, after the order is completed, unlike another, certain company from MS. Their website is easy to navigate and provides extensive information on each item offered. Definitely a recommended supplier!

K4FX Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2011 05:00 Send this review to a friend
Pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a new molex cable for my HF rigs, while building up the cable I decided to change over to automotive type fuses, I got the stuff from this outfit in a timely manner for a fair price.

Would do business with them again.

HK3PZ Rating: 0/5 Jul 23, 2010 03:52 Send this review to a friend
Improper handling of a problem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About Powerwerx.com
The review by N2YTF dated July 22 about his experience with this company reminded me of my own experiene with them, about a year ago. I ordered a multimeter, which came without visible screws to open the back cover in order to change the battery. I was told that was not possible, so I decided to send the unit back to them, from Bogota, Colombia to California, thinking I was helping them to correct improper quality control in their shipping. When they received the unit I was told there were no problems with it and sent it back to me. I paid for the shipping both ways, for an item priced about $11!. I never ordered from them again and now order the same goods from AES Orlando, FL with no regrets.

N2YTF Rating: 0/5 Jul 22, 2010 09:57 Send this review to a friend
Deceptive advertising, lousy customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the

OEM-HF4-CAB "OEM "Factory" Power Cable for HF Transceivers, Yaesu/Vertex, Kenwood & Icom 9FT.

from Power Werx.com this past May for a car installation I was planning on doing in my free time.

Today (July) I opened the package from Power Werx
as I finally had time to install my IC-7000 in the car.

The so called "Factory" cable from Power Werx is nothing of the sort, the replacement cable from Power Werx is thinner wire then the factory cable (the factory cable appears to be 10 gauge, while the Power Werx "factory" cable is labeled 12 gauge), and the Power Werx cable does not have a stress reliever on the rig side of the cable.

I was a bit surprised that Power Werx would sell such a second rate cable for $30, but I assumed I could return it as it was unused and was advertised as a "Factory" cable but was nothing of the sort. When I called Power Werx I was told that although I did not use the cable, they would not take it back because it had been more then 30 days since I ordered it. The Power Werx representative did not care that his "factory" cable was not up to factory standards in terms of gauge of the wire or the stress reliever. If Power Werx wants to sell an OEM Factory Cable, I really don’t care who made it as long as it is the same gauge wire and has the stress relievers a factory cable would…but to sell a thin 12 gauge wire and bill it as factory cable replacement when the factory cable is 10 gauge is deceptive.

No one should be using one of these “factory” cables without a stress reliever on the radio side, and certainly the thin wire on the Power Werx cable is also a serious downside.

Avoid this cable and do not trust this companies’ advertising.

Tom, N2YTF

K7CF Rating: 2/5 Jun 18, 2010 15:13 Send this review to a friend
APO3 no repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a powerwerx APO3 Automatic Power off for mobile operation to protect the rig.
It quit working, no light. wires appeared to be OK. Took it apart and the two wires inside, the load and the battery wire had melted where the wires plugged into the big black relay. One red wire goes to the battery source, the other orange wire goes to the load and each plug into a big black relay. The slide on connectors and the wire only an inch in either direction on both the red and orange wire were melted. The spade connector also got hot and melted. The wire external to the box did not get hot or melt and used anderson pole connectors. So the short took place under the covers of the box at the big black relay connectors for the red and orange wire. I think, the wires were in contact with each other and shorted INSIDE the box. It does no good to have two wires, load and battery laying right next to each other and in contact with each other. Any increase in temperature caused by current will cause the thin insulation to weaken and once melted, short together. There was no wire insulation melted outside the box or at the anderson connectors. I suggest, if you have the powerwerx APO3, to open up the box, verify the orange(load) and the red(battery) wires are not in contact with each other. Obviously a manufacturing defect.
Unfortunately for me, the unit was out of the 12 month warranty and Powerwerx told me there is no repair and I would have to buy a new one. Have to think that one over if I want to spend another $70 for something that is prone to a manufacturing defect and will fail eventually.
Once again, open the cover (4 screws) and verify the orange and the red wire are not touching each other at the relay.
Really dumb to not separate the two wires, load and battery under the covers.

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2009 21:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Company  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been buying stuff from these guys for several years, and I'm totally pleased with them.
Good prices, good service, fast shipping.