Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Workman SX-144/430 SWR-Wattmeter Help

Reviews Summary for Workman SX-144/430 SWR-Wattmeter
Workman SX-144/430 SWR-Wattmeter Reviews: 18 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $50
Description: Cross needle VHF/UHF SWR/POWER meter. Model #SX144-430. Frequency range 120MHz~500MHz, power range 0~500W, includes 12VDC meter illumination.

You can write your own review of the Workman SX-144/430 SWR-Wattmeter.

KG6POG Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2005 15:05 Send this review to a friend
Great meter at a great price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned an MFJ-812B and it was useless. So after using a something that gave me false readings it's nice to have a meter that is easy to use and reasonably accurate.

I like the size, the three way power selector and the large easy to read meter.

I'm sure there are better meters out there but for the money I don't think the Workman SX144/430 can be beat.

KB9YKN Rating: 4/5 Mar 21, 2005 06:01 Send this review to a friend
Good for the price!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got mine the first one the one needle didnt move. plad with it for a few and found that the knob contacs were off. I see another review that had same porb. Looks like they need to work on that part of the swr/power meter. I sent it back got another. It work fine 0 the neddles and put it to work. Very accurate for a $40 dual needle swr/power meter. worth the money if you dont get a bad one!!

KQ6EA Rating: 3/5 May 26, 2004 12:15 Send this review to a friend
They're "OK"  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of these, one of which I replaced the SO-239's with Type-N connectors. They work fine, and agree pretty closely with my Bird, after I adjusted them. The funny thing is that they're reasonably accurate on 2M and 70cm, but way off (>30%) on 220.

N4YFX Rating: 5/5 May 25, 2004 22:34 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
My meter works great. I understand from the folks at Antenna Warehouse where I bought mine that the fellow that said he received a defective one was offered a replacement or refund of cost plus shipping both way. He wrote back saying he was sorry and that another more experienced Ham had shown him what he was doing wrong. To bad there isn't a way to make people correct the erroneous post they make to this forum.

KC2GCR Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2004 21:24 Send this review to a friend
great meter  Time owned: more than 12 months
My SX-144/430 works perfectly after I adjusted the needles to 0

KG6QPS Rating: 0/5 Feb 28, 2004 20:18 Send this review to a friend
Does not work!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my Workman SX-144/430 today. It took four days (priority mail) to get here and it does not work. One of the needles (Reflected) does not move at all. It is not the radio or antenna, it is the brand new SWR meter that does not work. I have been ripped off by several hams on radio and other equipment I purchased on ebay and on eham.net and QRZ's classifieds so I decided it would be better to buy something new. So I purchase a new SWR meter from the Antenna Warehouse and get junk again. I am about to just throw all my ham equipment in the trash. It is bad enough when fellow hams are ripping off other hams but when you buy something new and it does not work right either than something is very wrong. I am a disabled Vet and I can't afford to waste my money on garbage.

Bob

N4MJG Rating: 4/5 Jan 16, 2004 01:26 Send this review to a friend
works nice  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
mine works good untill the ligtning got the meter

73's
kg4orx
jackie

KC0PAN Rating: 4/5 Jan 15, 2004 23:15 Send this review to a friend
Seems a fine meter to me.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I am pretty new to the Ham radio thing. One of the things I wanted to do was to build some of my own equipment. I decided to start with antennas, but I knew I needed a good SWR meter so that I didn't burn up my fancy new radios. I searched around a bit and found the Workman SX-144/430, which fit the bill and didn't break the bank.

I have used it a few times to test new antenna designs and it has worked flawlessly. A friend of mine has an expensive Bird meter and the Workman delivers comparable results at less than half the price.

The only drawback is that it is a little too big for the go bag. Otherwise it seems a fine meter.