Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | ED88 NF-ASP Dierking Help

Reviews Summary for ED88 NF-ASP Dierking
ED88 NF-ASP Dierking Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $240 (about) = Euro 200
Description: Audio Signal Processor ED88NF for all modes by Dierking Germany
More info: http://www.gdierking.de/

You can write your own review of the ED88 NF-ASP Dierking.

DG3YCC Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2009 03:50 Send this review to a friend
Top for cw!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My old Drake TR4-C tube transceiver has no cw filter. The Dierking Audio Filter is just great. It pulls cw stations out of the qrm I couldn't receive otherwise. I also use the filter with strong stations because the signal sounds better. I haven't tried the filter with other modes but I would buy it again alone for it's cw capabilities.

DL7ISA Rating: 1/5 Nov 18, 2008 19:12 Send this review to a friend
abdicable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Somtimes the Audio simply went off and came back, that was an error but they didnt want to repair it nor replace the whole thing. Customer Service shouldnt end with a Sell.. There was not much use for it, only for the Notchfilter was a bit useful but not enough. Its totaly overpriced for 200 Euro (about 280 US Dollar) and the advertising is exagerated. I regret I bought it and sold it in matter of Weeks.

DL6XAZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2004 06:50 Send this review to a friend
excellent addition to QRP rigs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi all - having in use the MFJ-1278B DSP for a dozen years now in the main shack, I needed a smaller and portable filter for the FT817. My choice fell on this unit.
Testing it thoroughly I am glad to inform:
- it greatly enhances the rather poor audio handling by the FT817, in general;
- it's capability to peak CW, PSK and other narrow bandwidth signals in a qrm surrounding is astonishing and most welcome;
- ssb, mfsk, rtty and other larger modes benefit from the same ease by which the user can narrow the received channel;
- it is easy to hook up, takes some minutes to prepare a soundcard link cable (3 or 5 Din-audio plug and 3,5 mm mono plug) and supply standard VDC. Basically no detailed instructions required for the normal ham.
All in all, it is well worth the investment; support by phone and e-mail was friendly, constructive and prompt. I would not like to miss this accessory any more.
Disclaimer: I am not related to the supplier in any way but just a satisfied customer.
Fred DL6XAZ