Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | K1FO FO12 (144MHz) Help

Reviews Summary for K1FO FO12 (144MHz)
K1FO FO12 (144MHz) Reviews: 6 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $145.00
Description: Directive Systems K1FO-design yagi.
More info: http://www.directivesystems.com/

You can write your own review of the K1FO FO12 (144MHz).

N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2012 17:54 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC ANTENNAS  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sure don't know where K2AXX gets the 4 out of five. Directive Systems carry the load when the M2 antennas fold up under an ice load. Yes I have had M2 and then Directive Systems afer the M2 fell to the ground.
Terry N8ERM

WF6J Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2005 22:06 Send this review to a friend
Great yagi !!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Can't beat the solid quality of this antenna. Despite some listings showing it's gain less than another brand, mine outperforms the other one hands down. Also the level of parts finishing and easy to understand instructions makes this an ideal antenna as a single unit or in an "H" configuration. Don't forget the preamp goes up at the antenna, and use high quality feedline down to the shack. CU on 2 CM98io

N2RRA Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2004 03:07 Send this review to a friend
I got every bit moneys worth  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All i have to say is "Thank God for my FO12".

This antenna is certainly made with great enginering in mind, and built like a tank. Very simple construction and a great performer.

Will diffinitly not have to worry about the ice storms and erattic weather conditions we have here in the north east. If you look at WB2YL's sight through QRZ.com i bet Laura wouldnt have had that problem if she went with a K1FO FO12.

It has great F/B results and amazed at the contacts i've made with it. I was also surprised at how low my SWR's were after putting it together with no tuneing involved, and just following the manual. How about flat swr's - barely moveing the Bird swr/watt meter used. Antenna mounted 5' above my Cushcraft A4S up 55' surrounded city buildings, and still recieveing great results.

I had a local ham that swapped out his FO12 for a 18 element,and tore it down after 2 days use. The 18 element just couldnt beat the FO12.

Well if this doesnt convince ya! then try it out for yourself.

73's and have fun.

W2BRI Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2003 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Top notch performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna for five years. It is awsome. Built like a tank, gain for size, you can't go wrong. This is quality folks.

N2FKF Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2003 15:32 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna in this size class  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
For a number of years i have used and experimented with numerous brands of antenna's. The past couple of years i was using a current production 13 element from another manufacturer. Since 99% of my operating time is spent on 6m's and up, i decided to re-think all of my vhf/uhf antenna's. After a long thought and research process i decided to go with all K1FO style yagi's for 2m, 222, and 432. Why did i do this you ask, numerous reasons. First the construction is top notch. Even tho i do not live in a high wind or icey area, i wanted antenna's that would be physically intact ten years down the road. Other ants on the market state that claim, but lets be honest here folks, we have all seen and read so many horror stories of single or multi ant arrays coming down within two years under such conditions. And these are the more expensive brands that we are talking about here. For fun i had my 5 year old and 3 year old who is a little gorilla jump up and down on the completed antenna. I was laughing so hard after seeing they could not even damage these things. I know you can not compare 2 kids to 100 mile per hr winds, but it sure killed my curiosity on the strength of this design. Second is performance. Even tho my forward gain has not increased that much over my old yagi, the overall pattern is like night and day. The FO has a much cleaner pattern. I am able to null out to almost nothing a neighbor who is 6 blocks away when he is using his 817 and on his 13b2. Here in the tri-state there are many kw stations that i can make disappear off the side and the back. This i could never do before. I am not taking away from the other brands on the market. They all make a good product, but they do not spend the time in developing a true workhorse for the serious ham. Steve (K1FO) has spent alot of time in perfecting these antenna's. Now i see why the majority of the big guns here are switching to his design. If you want a real performer spend the extra couple of bucks and get one of these. I am so happy that i made this decision.

K2AXX Rating: 4/5 Dec 23, 1999 23:36 Send this review to a friend
Good solid antenna  Time owned: unknown months
These antennas are almost indestructible. Handles legal power, breaks down into 3, 6' long sections and wet-weather performance that rules. Directivity is excellent (you KNOW when you're in the main lobe versus a sidelobe) and F/B F/S are great. Living in KW alley - these become big selling points. Great antenna in pairs and more. Manageable stacking requirements. . .

Directive Systems, C3I and Down East Microwave all offer these antennas. Priced the same as the M2 2M12 - and probably the same antenna fundamentally. If you live in ice storm country, you NEED this antenna if you don't like replacing things.