Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar AT1KM Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar AT1KM
Palstar AT1KM Reviews: 59 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$359.00
Description: The AT1K comes in two models: the AT1KM meter display (pictured) and the AT1KD digital display.
Featuring differential capacitor tuning with 2 stators and 1 rotor. For ease of use the AT1K series utilize only 2 controls to operate for tuning with a precision ceramic body roller inductor and high power balun. As on all Palstar tuners the front panel and top cover are powdercoated.
More info: http://www.palstar.com/palmain.htm

You can write your own review of the Palstar AT1KM.

WA2JSG Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2012 16:43 Send this review to a friend
Quality Equipment  Time owned: more than 12 months
A great tuner. Bought mine used, however this past weekend I had a problem. The shaft on the coax selector came loose as I was turning it, and two wires were ripped from the meter. So I went inside and immediately found the problem. Had to remove the meter & housing, carefully re-aligned the shaft and re-tightened the nut that came loose. Soldered the wires back then re-installed all, cleaned the rotary inductor with alcohol, and now I have a new tuner!
Although I never tried it, I swear I think it could tune a rubber-duckie on 160m (hi hi).
Well worth the price.

N4NDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2012 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Amazingly Great Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased a used AT1KM tuner like in new condition to replace my LDG 600pro auto tuner that had trouble tuning 80 meters and could never tune 160 meter. Well lets just say that the AT1KM tune my ZeroFive 43 ft vertical antenna without blinking at an amazing 1.00 swr on 80 and 1.2 swr on 160 from 1.800-1.999, how about that.

Simply the best tuner I've ever owned. 5 stars

David/n4ndx

W0HSN Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2011 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Best thing since sliced bread!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently acquired the AT1km to replace the old swan and heathkit 2060a That I had been using!Don't get me wrong both of the old tuners worked fine and would match about anything,but the palstar!All I can say is WOW! Rock solid,easy to tune and the setting are right on! You simply can't do any better than a Palstar tuner.

WB5MHA Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2011 20:37 Send this review to a friend
best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Typical Palstar product; attention to detail, works perfectly, smooth operation. After 5 years in my shack I would say it is one of the best pieces of equipment we regularly use.

Why anyone would save a few bucks and buy an MFJ junk tuner is a mystery. Palstar is old school Hallicrafters-Johnson Viking-Collins quality equipment. Reminder of the time when manufacturers took pride in their product. Even came with a QTip as a reminder to clean the rotary coil periodically. Nice touch.

May now be out of production. I will never part with mine. I'll be a repeat customer though.

KB3RMX Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2010 14:12 Send this review to a friend
BEST TUNER I'VE EVER HAD  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had a number of tuners and this one is the best of all. Have had this for 3 years and has tuned everything I put on it including a 96 ft long-wire. No problems whatsoever tuning. Easy to tune and has capabilities of handling 4 different antennas. This is the last tuner I'll ever need.

G3UXB Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2010 22:40 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well after my review of the MFJ 962D and giving it a 4 I should have given it a 3+. I would give this tuner a 4+ as I stated in my 962 review I wished I could afford a Palstar, well I got an AT1KM 'as-new' on eBay very nice condition but if new a little out of calibration, easily fixed as well as the roller wheel jumping off track (presumably in transit). It does appear to tune everything you can throw at it, but all the build up I expected that roller wheel to feel like a Bentley - Oh well still deserves a 5

W2DWL Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2010 16:20 Send this review to a friend
One awesome tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
This tuner tunes everything I throw at it, from 160 to 10 meters. All my antennas are home brewed, which include a 4 element beam, a 43 foot ground mounted vertical and varies number of off centered dipoles. Its is worth the money.

W4JAH Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2009 10:11 Send this review to a friend
I give Palstar a A+ in all areas. Service and quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
I now own three of the palstar tuners. They are very easy to use and built well. Palstar very good on answering any questions you have. Because of the excellent reports and company support I rate them the best. W8CFS

K9FON Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2008 19:16 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely GREAT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine since 2005 and it still works and looks new! It tunes my 260' 160 meter doublet like a dream but it acts funny on 10 meters for some oddball reason but thats no big deal asi have a 4 element trapped tribander for that band. I know the AT4KM is supposed to handle 1200 watts pep but i run my Swan MK II into it at legal limit with no issues. Even with 1500 watts in CW tune mode it doesnt mind. If the day comes when my tuner bites the dust i know darn well i will buy another Palstar tuner.

N5MZL Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2008 13:53 Send this review to a friend
Built like a tank  Time owned: more than 12 months
This model of tuner has been discontinued, but I'm sure there are still plenty of them out there. I purchased my AT1KM some years ago (it's the 1Kw version; they later came out with a model of the same name and appearance, but that could handle in excess of 1Kw) after I put up a Carolina Windom OCF dipole that the tuner in my old FT-890 could not handle. Since that time I've used this tuner on several multi-band dipoles, and it never gave any problems. I also used it between those antennas and an Ameritron AL-80B, and it performed flawlessly in that mode as well. The setup and tuning is very easy, the meter is accurate and easy to read (probably why everybody's brother and their dog Rex is using this same meter in all sorts of equipment), and it's just plain built like a tank. I'm currently running an Icom 746Pro into a Buckmaster OCF dipole, and it's internal tuner handles it with no problem, so I will be selling my AT1KM soon. However, I will be buying more of Palstar's gear; their antenna analyzer is on my "to get" list now. I say this because not only do they make good equipment; but their customer support is second to none.