Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Palstar AT1KM Help

Reviews Summary for Palstar AT1KM
Palstar AT1KM Reviews: 59 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$359.00
Description: The AT1K comes in two models: the AT1KM meter display (pictured) and the AT1KD digital display.
Featuring differential capacitor tuning with 2 stators and 1 rotor. For ease of use the AT1K series utilize only 2 controls to operate for tuning with a precision ceramic body roller inductor and high power balun. As on all Palstar tuners the front panel and top cover are powdercoated.
More info: http://www.palstar.com/palmain.htm

You can write your own review of the Palstar AT1KM.

WA2EQF Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2008 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Rock Solid MFT (Mighty Fine Tuner)  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this tuner for more than 3 years now and have used it on a variety of antennas; dipoles, folded dipoles, verticals, & long wires. On 3 through 30 it matches anything. I have made a chart of the dial settings for each band and frequency that I commonly work, it has never varied, to this day I can set an antenna, set the dials and get the SWR I expect. The controls are smooth and intuitive, easy to use is an understatement. The lighted meter is easy to read and dead accurate against a bird meter. It is built like a brick you know what house, a pleasure to have in the shack and pleasing to the eye. I have since purchased other Palstar products and the quality of construction is at a level that you wish all manufacturers would provide. Whereas, I have never had a problem with a Palstar product, I have on occasion called Paul with questions, he is always polite and courteous with intelligent answers and never a "well that's a stupid question" attitude. This is a product I would highly recommend.

NH7PG Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2007 17:07 Send this review to a friend
Amazing tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have thus far not found any antenna that this tunner will not tune across the entire HF spectrum. I've been using a rain gutter for the past three years, and have had great success, even on 160 meters. It's built solid, the rotors move smoothly, and lighted dial is really a plus. Definitely worth the investment, and it's built to last a lifetime.

K8KAS Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2007 09:51 Send this review to a friend
Tune a Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All tuners will not tune everything, this does not make them bad. For years it has been common to add or cut wire from the feeders to get the SWR down. This was standard practice on the old Johnson Matchboxes. You can also cut the antenna wire itself to something the tuner likes to see. Talk to an older ham and you might be surprised what they can pass on.

KI4LHA Rating: 2/5 Aug 12, 2007 05:09 Send this review to a friend
Wish it would tune  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought one new to get 160M. Ran my 300' long wire to it and would not go but 3:1. What???? After Several days messing with it, I gave up. Went and got a MFJ to do the job of a so called better tuner.

N2PEU Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2007 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm using a G5RV Jr. at about 30' and this transmatch was able to let me load it on 80-10 and even 1.5 at 6M! Beautiful construction and flawless performance so far. If you are thinking of buying a MFJ, save your pennies and get a Palstar!!

K5ENA Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2007 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my used AT1KM a month ago and am IMPRESSED!! It is a first class product produced by a first class company. I only wish I had bought one sooner. You cannot go wrong with a Palstar tuner.

KG6POG Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2007 11:11 Send this review to a friend
A Great Well Built Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this tuner in-line for over a year now, and have never had it arch or do anything other than tune my gear in a very easy manner.

I bought this because I had bought an amplifier and the MJF 949-E wasn't of much use after that. The thing I noticed right off the bat was that this tuner was easy to use and smooth as silk in tuning any of my antennas.

The MFJ 949-E would complain even at low power (5 watts in or so) if I forgot to switch the tuner on my 80m dipole for an intial checks and so on.

Again I have never heard anything from this tuner, making the exact SWR checks, and it's easily tuned with only minor adjustments to the inductor(a one finger adjustment).

I'm running 1 KW+ on this solid well built tuner, is built well enough to withstand some pretty stupid errors on my part without any noise or fear of damage to it.

I would highly recommend this tuner to anyone running up to 1200 watts without hesitation.
In fact I was told it would handle up to legal limit SSB PEP with no problem, but just to make sure my gear is happy I'm staying within factory spec's.

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2007 10:37 Send this review to a friend
all the ehamers and my brother  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All the ehamers and my brother (w2dwl) were right
this tuner is build like a tank and runs like a ROLLS what more can one say that hasn't been said yet by all in this review

KJ3LR Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2007 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Simply Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the AT1KM today and I must say, the tuner is a great bang for the buck. Will tune anywhere! You won't be disappointed!!!

G4RNW Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2007 15:01 Send this review to a friend
Works just as advertised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned this ATU for about 2 months now and am thoroughly delighted with it. It is very solidly made and extemely easy to use. Also, because of its clearly marked and low geared controls, it is very easy to return accuratley to previous settings.I bought this ATU to replace my Kenwood AT-230 which I found did not have a good enough impedence range for the full width of some of the bands I wish to work, particulary 80 metres on my HyGain GP.