Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Sennheiser NoiseGard Mobile Help

Reviews Summary for Sennheiser NoiseGard Mobile
Sennheiser NoiseGard Mobile Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: An open stereo headphone with active noise compensation.
More info: http://www.sennheiser.com/headphones/noisegard/nh_1d001.htm

You can write your own review of the Sennheiser NoiseGard Mobile.

W4AN Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 1999 15:22 Send this review to a friend
Noise reduction headphones  Time owned: unknown months
I have a real hard time with external noise sources while trying to operate the radio. Put me in a multi-op setting and I'm ready to kill the guy with the loudest voice. So some friends and I had been discussing the merits of noise reduction headphones. Someone suggested the Sennheiser, so I looked them up at www.sennheiser.com and ultimately discovered that they are available from the USA distributor.

I got them today and hooked them up to my stereo. Next I turned on the TV and had the added benefit of my 5 year old son blabbing non-stop as usual. Turns out these things actually work. I wouldn't say all external noise was gone, but it was certainly reduced. It was funny to watch my son's mouth move and not hear a peep of what he was saying.

Currently my biggest aggravation noise wise is with the amplifier fan noise. So I brought the headphones downstairs, turned on the space heater, and plugged the phones in to the PC. It really seems like these things work much better on a constant steady noise source. The noise of the heater simply vanished when I turned on the NR.

Only negative I can say is that these phones are not the kind that completely surround your ear. Kind of like the Sony's reviewed here. These are the kind that sit on your ear. Personally, if I leave these type of phones on my ears for more than 6 hours, I am looking to OD on Tylenol due to the pain.

I will however be trying these out in the next contest I have a chance to operate.